Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nate checking in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nate checking in.

I have been reading articles on this site for a couple years and finally decided to join "The Pit". AmazingRibs has been responsible for countless hours of my late night reading and then looking at the clock and finding out, much to my dismay, that I meant to go to bed hours ago. It has also been responsible for some of my recent purchases like my new ThermoWorks Thermapen.

I hale from southwestern Indiana and am a fan of all things BBQ... except bbq chips... go figure. I live in a small community close to my family and we usually all get together on Sundays during the summer for swimming, riding UTVs, shooting guns, and last but not least... FOOD. It is nothing unusual for 20+ people to randomly show up for a good time. I have become the designated pit master for all functions now and more than enjoy that roll. My favorite things to smoke are Boston Butts, Pork Ribs, Chicken, whole Pork Loins, and Turkey Legs! I am hoping this summer to refine my skills on something new. I am leaning towards Ham, Brisket, and/or Beef Ribs. I started to get the hang of a good Alabama Style White Sauce last summer so I'm wanting to work on a making a good mustard sauce this year. In addition to smoking or grilling the main dish I enjoy doing the same for the sides and especially love making a Smoky Salsa.

In addition to having a minor addiction to Grilling and Smoking slabs of meat I also have an affinity for music. I'm not going to lie, and i know it is cliche, but I love the combination of Blues music and BBQ. Although I will listen to about anything. As far as my poison(s) of choice... just give me a big ol' cup of Sweet Tea. Now if I need something stronger then I am bourbon kind of guy as well as some craft beers. I'm also working on trying to get an unsanctioned BBQ competition setup for our local annual festival in hopes of helping to get attendance up.

Last thing is that I know I found the perfect woman for me because she bought me a smoker for Christmas. I proposed to her the next month and am going to marry her this fall!

Anyway! Enough rambling. Glad to be here! Cheers!
    Last edited by Nate; April 24, 2015, 11:28 PM.

Welcome aboard. We're glad you're here and that your wife bought you that smoker. Looking forward to your contributions.

Comment

Bourbon, blues, BBQ and sweet tea are none of the things I ascribe to Indiana. Welcome, and good find on the woman!

Comment

Nice intro Nate. Nice catch too!!!!

Comment

Welcome and congrats!

Comment

'Countless hours of my late night reading on Amazingribs' I thought I was the only one - is there a cure? If there is I don't wanna know about it - it's like an addiction but a really good one

Comment

Welcome Nate! I've lost many hours of sleep reading this website. My wife bought me a BGE for my birthday, Christmas, anniversary...

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Nate! Nice intro post, and great job setting up your signature.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here