Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Christmas present to myself!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Christmas present to myself!

Yesterday, I decided to go ahead and join the group as an early present to myself. Love smoking, grilling, frying and cooking. Ran a kitchen in Portland when I lived out there and am getting the itch to get out of corporate world and get back into a kitchen! Living back in my home state of Iowa (for now)

Just got a new to me, Klose 2042 offset smoker to go along with all of my other toys. Have a Traeger Pro22, a Weber Gensis II SE-410 (probably gets the most use out of everything), a Blackstone charcoal kabob grill (the kabobs rotate automatically!), to go along with my Blackstone 36" flattop, and a Char-griller Akorn (honestly, mainly use this as a place to start my chimney's), an Engelbrecht Campfire Stainless steel santa maria that I haven't used yet (getting a body and cart made for it, since I'm not going to have an outdoor kitchen built any longer) and a nice lil outdoor deep fryer! I love smokers and grills and follow about 100 different builders on Facebook and have realized there are a lot of them out there (many building great smokers or grills), along with about 10 different buy/sell groups on FB. Post most of my cooks on Instagram (not sure if I'm allowed to post my screen name there or not, so I'll wait to do so until I hear if its allowed if ya want to follow). Can't wait to keep learning, I've only gotten about 4 cooks on the Klose so far, but loving it!

And since I’m allowed, if you’re on Instagram, give me a follow at CubbieHawkBBQ
    Last edited by Cubbiehawkbbqfan; December 3, 2019, 08:53 PM.

Congrats on the new smoker and welcome to the Pit.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from La Crosse Wi

Comment

Congrats on the new smoker and thank you for the support.

Are you looking for a fryer to add to your collection? I have an awesome one from RV Works that I love. It is built like a tank and it will fry up anything. The propane burner makes sure that it will keep up and the construction and design make for an awesome finished product. Check it out here, if you are curious.

(You can post your instagram screen name but please do not start posting links back to your page or anything like that. Most people will post their SN in their "signature")

GO HAWKS!

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes it was, they pounded Sconi! Cubbiehawkbbqfan

• bardsleyque
          bardsleyque commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm certain you mean the SEAHAWKS!!!

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Wish I could "dislike" a comment. LOL. bardsleyque

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from south Texas! Sounds like you’re well enough equipped!

Comment

• Cubbiehawkbbqfan
            Cubbiehawkbbqfan commented
            Editing a comment
            Never equipped enough...my favorite builder is from outside of Ft Worth. AJ’s Custom Cookers. I imagine when I have one of his, then I might finally be fully equipped, lol.

Great decision! Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

• Cubbiehawkbbqfan
            Editing a comment
            Thanks and awesome grill in the profile pic!

Merry early Christmas! Glad to have you here.

Comment

• Cubbiehawkbbqfan
            Editing a comment
            Thank you and much appreciated!

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

• Cubbiehawkbbqfan
            Editing a comment
            Thanks and this group is definitely international! Wow, that's awesome!

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

• Cubbiehawkbbqfan
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! Hoping over the next year or so that I'll be able to make it down to check out some BBQ in the Ft Worth area! A friend builds pits down there and hoping to get one and make the trip down soon!

A warm welcome from NE Iowa....!

Comment

• Cubbiehawkbbqfan
            Editing a comment
            Thanks so much! Glad to be here!

Welcome to the pit from Snoqualmie Wa. go hawks!

Comment

• Cubbiehawkbbqfan
            Editing a comment
            Go Hawks!!! All around the globe there’s always a Go Hawk if you’re wearing a shirt, gotta love it!

Welcome from Canada.
          Just added your Instagram (1962chris)

Comment

• Cubbiehawkbbqfan
            Editing a comment
            Thanks and added ya back!

Welcome from TN

Comment

• Cubbiehawkbbqfan
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! Appreciate the fellowship in this group!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here