Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joined Pitmaster Club about a month ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joined Pitmaster Club about a month ago

Hello everyone. Been here about a month reading and learning and lovin the site! I have been grilling for many years but got into smoking meat only about five years ago or so.

Started with a cheap bullet smoker from Lowes my wife got me. I learned to use it and did fairly well with it but maintaining proper temp was the pits!

Found this site (free side) maybe a year later and started reading and studying. Decided on the PBC (Pit Barrel Cooker), ordered one along with a good digital duel probe thermometer and was in hog heaven! Along with some other heavens (chicken, sausage, brisket, etc). The more I learn the more fun I have!

My wife is a retired chef and is extremely pleased with my interest in cooking. Both of us will be in Memphis next summer at the Peabody for the meat up. Looking forward to meeting many of you there!

Oh, I also have a Weber Jumbo Joe which I set up for two zone use for small cooks, generally just the two of us and a pretty nice gasser which I hardly use any more except for searing steak.

Am very pleased to be here and Meat Head's rubs alone have already upped my game! Again, looking forward to learning more with like minded folks!
    Attached Files

Well I assumed that pic would be an avitar. Would someone please tell me what I should have done rather than what I did?

Looks like I figured it out!
    Last edited by Alabama Smoke; November 27, 2019, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ... originally from Alabama, tho’ ...

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome! See you in Memphis.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta. Nothing wrong with your pic a number of people use theirs. You can change your avatar if you like

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Huntsville! Glad to have you on board!

Comment

Welcome from Maylene, Alabama. Get cooking!!

Comment

. That is a darn good photo. Happy Thanksgiving.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Welcome from jersey brotha!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!
                              Cheers from Norway

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here