Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orange County CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orange County CA

Joined the club a month or so ago and finally getting around to saying hi.

Midwestern Boy met California Girl 21 years ago, and now I've been living in Orange County for 17 years. Lifelong griller got into smoking meat about 5 years ago on a small Brinkman cabinet smoker. My wife has sinus issues and all-day charcoal smoke doesn't work well for her, so I did a DIY propane conversion. That works pretty well because the wood smoke doesn't seem to bother her as much.

Recently upgraded from the tiny Brinkman to a huge Smoke Hollow 44" - so I can finally do a full packer brisket - which I did very successfully 3 weeks ago with help from this site. And today I did pulled pork that was a big hit.

I realize that even though the Brinkman is too small for many jobs, the Smoke Hollow is too big for some. That little Brinkman is a propane miser, so I'm keeping it and will use either or both as appropriate.

Over the last couple years I've switched from low-and-slow to hot-and-fast on the briskets and butts, with good results and makes it more practical to do more often.

I'm really bad about taking pictures even though I have my phone on me all the time. Maybe one of these days I'll remember to take pictures of one of my smokes.

Would love to connect with other local BBQ lovers.

Welcome radshop ! I too started with a small Brinkmann charcoal cabinet smoker.

Great job on your signature!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few other how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here