Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Las Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Las Vegas

I've just joined the Club with the hope of learning more recipes and techniques to up my BBQ game. We are now entering the prime time for BBQ here in Las Vegas, with the reasonable temperatures of Fall and Winter the most comfortable time to cook outdoors.
    I have a Weber Genesis gas grill and a classic Weber kettle for those smokey cooks. If I can even come close to the level of the great cooks that I've seen browsing the photos I will be a happy man!

I consider myself an expert on food knowledge with a deep background in food history and recipes, but a complete novice in the outdoor cooking arena. From what I've seen so far on this site, there is a wealth of experts contributing on a daily basis here. I have a lot to learn and I think I've found the right place!
    Last edited by scotdc; October 3, 2019, 07:54 PM.

Welcome from Minnesota!!you came to the right place.. their is top notch people here who will help with every step of any cook.. welcome to the pit!!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta. I know a number of people who have moved there resonantly.
      We'll let you pick our brains if we can pick yours.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
        Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. I thought summer was the best time to cook outdoors in Vegas 'cause you don't have to add fuel to your cooker.

Two things will really help your cookin' if you don't have them:

A digital thermometer will allow you to pull food off the grill when it is at the exact temp you want.

And a Slow N Sear will turn your kettle into a great smoker.

Close behind is a leave in digital thermometer with at least two probes so you can monitor both pit temps and food temps.

Comment

• Mudkat
            Mudkat commented
            Editing a comment
            +1

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! But it’s a dry heat.

Comment

Welcome from Wisconsin. Glad you could join us!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you and you kettle.

i look forward to your recipe contribution.

Comment

Viva Las Vegas!
                        Welcome to the Pit!
                        Cheers from Norway.
                        Last edited by Elton's BBQ; October 4, 2019, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. Enjoy The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from south Texas! Glad you’re here!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here