Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from NW Ohio!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from NW Ohio!

Hello everyone! My name is Corey and I'm an enthusiast cook who enjoys everything from the 30/45-minutes Tuesday night dinner to the multi-day enthusiast project. Cooking is a joy for me and I love tackling new types of techniques and foods. After renting for almost 4 years my wife and I were able to buy our first home, which means we (well I) finally have room to store large cooking equipment! Smoking is one of the last bastions that I have not been able to tackle, with the other being fermentation, so with this newfound space I am looking to dip my foot into the smoking/barbecuing world. Hopefully it all works out!

Where abouts in NWO!? I've got family up in Williams county. Hello, and welcome!

Comment

• cdschwanz
      cdschwanz commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in the Toledo area. Small world!

Welcome from MA!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Corey ...

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcomed you in your other post but will say hi again from the California Delta.

Comment

• cdschwanz
            cdschwanz commented
            Editing a comment
            I tried to follow the rules and made sure my first post was in the "Introduce yourself" area

Welcome from NEO

Comment

Welcome aboard cd, from Tenn.

Comment

Man, I was just in Toledo a couple of weeks ago. I was born there and grew up in Detroit. Unfortunately I was back for a death in the family, but I got to see a bunch of relatives and visit the House of Meats on Alexis Rd (we stayed at the Fairfield Inn off Alexis near the Meijer's) and the Ciolino's vegetable market in Temperance. House of Meats is the place! Brought back a couple of coolers of meats and vegetables.

Welcome from TN, by the way.

Comment

• cdschwanz
                cdschwanz commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, House of Meats is great! They used to be partnered with another store franchise around here, The Andersons, but after they shut down House of Meats opened up their own storefront near me. Love that place, I don't go very often but typically when I want a specialty product.

• klflowers
                klflowers commented
                Editing a comment
                cdschwanz, if I lived up there, I would probably go in there daily until I got used to it. Or until my doctor ordered me to stay away.

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. If you go to Columbus say Hi to my Daughter and SIL.

Comment

Welcome to the Fellowship of the Smoke Ring from Albuquerque, NM.

Comment

BTW cd : Click image for larger version

Name:	54547A5C-1F38-4EC9-A0DB-7E0F7B5AF1C2.jpeg
Views:	222
Size:	160.3 KB
ID:	749821Click image for larger version

Name:	B1361497-8CAF-4E13-A5CA-7366DDEEB44E.jpeg
Views:	217
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	749820

Comment

• cdschwanz
                      cdschwanz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yup! We have friends on that side of town and just drove by last week!!

• Sweaty Paul
                      Sweaty Paul commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Big Fan. Delicious

• HawkerXP
                      HawkerXP commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Alright. I give up.

I can't find the Weber in either picture!

Welcome to The Pit. Have you bought a cooker yet? If not, we can help with your selection. Just answer a few questions to help us help you:

Budget.
                    What you would like to cook.
                    How many you might be cookin' for.
                    How hands on do you want to be - do you want to tend frequently, or are you looking something that only needs occasional attention?

Comment

Welcome from Wilson County, Texas!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here