Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long time lurker, 5th time poster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long time lurker, 5th time poster

Greetings one and all from Wisconsin!
    I've been a griller since I could see over the grates with just a small bucket to stand on. Started playing low and slow back before this whole interweb thing was popular. First on a POS COS, then on to a kettle. Shortly after pulling the trigger a SNS for the kettle, I got a bad case of the "I wants" and these days I watch my DLX24 poop pellets, and my youngest is learning the joy of outdoor cooking with the old kettle.
    I have learned so much here over the years that I don't have to whistle up a pizza for dinner near as often when the original idea was enjoy something off the smoker.
    It finally occurred to me that what I like most about this site is watching the interactions between the members, so I figured why not join the fun. If I ever remember to take pictures, I'll try to post them. But for some reason, when I have a nice chunk of pork, brisket, or GBD chicken in front of me, taking a picture is last on my mind.

Thanks letting me join the fun!
    Bubba.

Look forward to your contributions and Pics. Understand fully what you saying not easy trying to eat the good stuff and take pictures. Got your priorities right, eat first but we do like some visuals now and then.
    Greetings from South Africa.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit willxfmr
      Cheers from Norway!

Comment

Welcome from the Fort! Grew up in Racine.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Welcome from MA!

Comment

Bubba? In Fond du Lac? It’s goin to take me a bit to wrap my head around that one. Welcome aboard, even though you’ve been aboard for a couple of years. Usually lurkers are in the cheap seats (free site), hangin around, but you’ve been a card carrier for 2 1/2 yrs, cool. We know ya been eatin good, cuz ya says so. So, continue eatin good. The pic thing, it’s all in the wrist, well, in the thumb also. Once ya do it, it’ll be fun. Ya did take a mighty nice pic of yer cook! 🕶
              Last edited by FireMan; September 24, 2019, 06:14 AM.

Comment

• willxfmr
                willxfmr commented
                Editing a comment
                "Bubba" is a reference to my job as night shift maintenance. The controls folks generally refer to all us knuckle dragging, coffee mainlining, almost humans as "Bubba". I just choose to wear it as a badge of honor.
                Guessing you're from my neck of the woods, since you know we're at the "bottom" not in the "foot", so if you find yourself in the neighborhood of Ma & Pa's and smell smoke, follow your nose and stop on by!
                Last edited by willxfmr; September 25, 2019, 02:08 AM.

Welcome from Wilson County, Texas! I’m with you on the member interactions. These are good folks.

Comment

Hey Fifth timer!! Looks like you remembered halfway through your avatar cook. That’s hard to do with Smokey pork laying around.

Since you’ve been around I don’t need you warn you about that FireMan guy. Speaking of cheap seats watch out for that Troutman and Mr. Bones as they can be wiley creatures. Then there’s that ComfortablyNumb character, he spends all his free time healing. We still aren’t sure if he can feel anything yet.

I love that you passed on your kettle to your son. That’s good stuff right there.

Huntington Beach welcomes you sir. Again, kind of and still.
                HH

Comment

• Troutman
                  Troutman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey I resemble that statement

Welcome to posting side of The Pit Bubba.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Bubba !! With a name like that we'll have to get you a great big belt buckle and make you and honorary Texan

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta. Pictures are often an afterthought for me also.

Comment

Welcome from the mountains of NC.

Comment

Welcome from Snoqualmie Wa.

Comment

Welcome from your neighbor in Minnesota. Enjoy The Pit.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here