Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Gainesville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Gainesville

I've been planning to sign up for a long time and finally got around to it today. I have an old Kamado #9 (the big one!) with black ceramic tile that I've been using for nearly 15 years now. The matching drum table is fun and useful. Just upgraded my BBQ Guru controller to the new WiFi version. I had tried the old WiFi when it first came out, but it had issues, so I had gone back to the old "Competitor" stand-by.

I deployed to Wilmington, NC and Tallahassee, FL last year with Operation BBQ Relief and met a number of members from Amazingribs.com, especially in Wilmington. I've followed Meathead on Twitter for some time now, and love clicking through for the great details he gives.

Got 30 or 35 folks coming Saturday evening from a church group and plan to cook a couple of pork loins, with the thick cuts we did with OBR. Will do my wife's family recipe of KC-style sweet sauce and a mango sweet chili sauce for folks to choose from. If things don't get too crazy I'll try to get a picture or two.

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Jim. I was in Wilmington and may have met you, but the older I get, the shorter my memory, (along with other things... ).

Comment

• Jim White
            Jim White commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here! Nice to meet you (possibly again...).

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            They say that memory is the second thing to go. I forgot what the first thing was.

Hopefully, that's a hello from the best Gainesville. Welcome!

Comment

• Jim White
            Jim White commented
            Editing a comment
            But of course! We don't really have to add the "Florida" part, but the folks in other Gainesvilles have to mention their state. That's just the way it works.

• JPGators17
            JPGators17 commented
            Editing a comment
            ^now here's a guy that gets it!

Welcome to The Pit from Minnesota. Enjoy!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit, Jim!
              Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Howdy from The Great State of Jefferson!

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from the mountains of NC. Thanks for helping out.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here