Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Maryland

I'm a new member, just joined. The site has so much information. I like to cook, make bread, keep bees. Looking forward to learning more about barbecue. I have a Weber Genesis Silver B and a Brinkmann Smoker that was given to me. I know, the Brinkmann gets bad press, but it seems that everyone started on something like it. The last time I used it I found that making a ring of charcoal and wood chunks worked okay. Now I'm ready to learn more. I used to have a Weber 22 inch kettle but the legs finally rusted off. Trying to decide whether to replace it with another 22 or go for the 26 inch. Hopefully reading the channels will help me decide. Looking forward to exploring the site.

Welcome to the Pit! Man / Woman can't live without Weber kettle. How many you're cooking for will help decide which size or how many. Where about in MD you live? Some of us VA, MD people get together for a meat up once of twice a year. Good time!

Comment

• PeterR
      PeterR commented
      Editing a comment
      I live in Harwood, near Annapolis.

Welcome from Baltimore! Glad you joined us. I would personally go for the 26" Weber. I have one, and I have never regretted the extra real estate. The 22" is also an excellent grill, as you know. If you don't need the real estate, then the 22 is always a sure bet!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas! I started on a Brinkman bulletin smoker, and the only real drawback was the need to add coals and water when cooking ten hours plus. The best method I found was to fill the charcoal plan with a chimney of unlit charcoal, equally space three wood chucks, add a lit chimney of charcoal and a wood chunk, put the water pan in and the meat. For overnight cooks that would get me to about 4am when I would add another chimney of charcoal and water to the pan. Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome from the Eastern Shore. My first smoker was a Brinkmann many years ago and a lot of fine food was cooked on it. We all sometimes have cooker envy but never any put downs of equipment here. Heck, some of the finest food I’ve seen here has been produced on nothing more than a few coals under a grate of rebar.

Comment

• Dewesq55
            Dewesq55 commented
            Editing a comment
            Where on the Eastern Shore are you located? I have a home in Chincoteague.

• Donw
            Donw commented
            Editing a comment
            Just North of you. My windows look out at the National Seashore and state park on the Maryland part of the island.

Welcome from the Frederick area of Maryland.

Comment

Welcome from the left coast, the California Delta

Comment

Welcome from the Pacific NW!
              Looking forward to hearing of your BBQ adventures. Photos required (well, highly encouraged!).

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Welcome from the mountains of NC

Comment

Welcome from Frederick MD!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Peter. The number of people you might want to cook for will tell you whether to get the 22 or the 26. Having said that, more real estate isn't a bad thing.

Comment

Welcome from TN. My first grill was a Weber, but my first smoker was a Brinkman. I learned a lot on that thing,

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here