Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from the Bluegrass!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from the Bluegrass!

I'm just starting with smoking and doing more than weekend warrior grilling. Hoping to find some help along the way to increase my skill.

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

There's more than plenty talented folks here, what can help ya out, lickety split, with yer smokin skillz...

(Hail, they even lemme hang out, here! )

I'm lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Never be afraid to ask a question, fer fear of ridicule here, lest it seem too elementary, or even stoopid...reckon I've already blazed a path, an asked em all, afore ya got here..., so ya should be in th clear!!!

Wanna see this 'Beard' thing; show me yers, I'll show ya mine lol! (In Summer trim, at present)

Comment

Welcome from the California delta. Right about now the rockn' State!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, from another Bluegrass State resident. Where are you located?

Comment

• The Bearded Smoker
                The Bearded Smoker commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm in Elizabethtown also...behind Lowes...what area are you in?

• Steve R.
                Steve R. commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey, I lived in that same neighborhood for quite a few years. I'm south of town off 1136 toward Glendale now.

• Ground Chuck
                Ground Chuck commented
                Editing a comment
                Welcome from another Kentucky boy!

Welcome aboard, enjoy the ride!

Comment

Welcome from the mountains of NC. I confirm what Mr. Bones said above. Another that I strongly recommend you do, is keep a diary of each of your smokes. Weight of meat, how many coals you use,start amount and added ones length of iintial burn, weather(temp, dry humid, raining windy, snowing, etc.), opening of vents, adjustment made, time of smoke. Every location is different as is every type of smoker. By keeping a diary you will learn yours, and be able to set it up after a while without guessing.

Happy smoking and may you have as much fun as I have in my 40years of smoking.

Comment

• The Bearded Smoker
                  The Bearded Smoker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks! Smoked some corn tonight for kids birthday along with some country style ribs...it was all a hit!

Welcome aboard
                Now go cancel ur cable service,,,this is all the entertainment you need !!!!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  True Dat...

• ComfortablyNumb
                  ComfortablyNumb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Actually not all the entertainment, you'll still need to stop by the liquor store....

Welcome from South Louisiana!

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Had a mess of country style ribs tonight!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                          Mr. Bones commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm Lovin how this here Story starts out; it's kinda Th Pit equivalent of "Once Upon A Time..."
                          Please, do keep us updated, as yer cook progresses...

• Spinaker
                          Spinaker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Great looking start!

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here