Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks

I can't email meathead directly (or I just missed how to) so ill go with this.

I didn't grow up eating barbecue.

I grew up on the east coast eating fish and shellfish. Butter and chives, no spice no heat.

I would have never changed but the military has a sense of humor and shipped me to Alaska. Far far away from the place I was from and exposing me to really different food. Heat, barbecue, Korean, Thai....etc etc. I learned to smoke things because you smoke Salmon in Alaska. You just do. I started with a Masterbuilt electric and I am currently working a traeger. I don't make competition level food. I never will. I'm too lazy, I don't have access to hardwood for smoking with coals, I don't want to babysit and maintain temp on heat sources that I have to watch like a hawk.

But I make decent food. I make it because you gave me the tools to do so. My friends and family LOVE my barbecue (because they don't know any better). I get up at 5 am to take dry brined pork shoulders out of the fridge to smoke for 14 hours because it WORKS because you gave me a website (and book) that told me it would.

Don't change a bit. I'll never win an award for my pulled pork, but my friends will jump at a chance to get a vacuum sealed pack of it to add to their meals. I don't have my own personal signature rub(though I very slightly modified yours) but the people my wife gives it to fight for the bark.

My piece is that before I decided to pay for it, you showed me how to make decent barbecue. You didn't make me feel stupid or from the wrong place to turn shit cuts of meat into the type people put on their calendar to come eat when you make them.

Thanks. That's all. The food I make is better because of what I have learned, I bought the cookbook because its more convenient for me but in the end I started at your website.

Keep it up man. You turned an East Coast city boy into a guy that sits for 14 hours to make pulled pork. I think its something.

I'd say welcome to the Pit but you have been part of it a couple years longer than me. What I will say is welcome to the forum posts from one AF dude in Eastern Washington to another AF dude.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado. If you want to get noticed by a member, just put a "@" in front of their Pit name like this: Meathead . Because I did that, he will receive an email and a Message notice that he's been mentioned and will check out this thread eventually. If you click on his name, you can do things like send him a private message (PM). Again, welcome!

Comment

• Meathead
        Meathead commented
        Editing a comment
        It worked!

Well it’s about dang time you chimed in brother.
      4-1/2 years for your first post. 🤔😂
      Glad you did and hope you do more often now that you got the first one out of the way. 😁
      What else have you been smoking?
      We would love to see some pics. 👍👍
      BTW where on the east coast are you from?

Comment

Shiiiii.... 4.5 years. Likely your a better cook than most of us.

Huntington Beach welcomes you sir!
        Now let’s see some of that fish!

Thank you for your service.

Comment

Welcome to posting side of The Pit.

Comment

A distinct pleasure to hear from ya, Brother!

Where ya at, Elmendorf? Laid over/ took fuel, when I was on my way to NAS Adak, in ' 88
            Yup, smokin salmon was basewide; every single electrical outlet had a smoker plugged into it, when th salmon run was on, then came caribou season...

Many thanks fer yer Service, Amigo!

Lookin forward to seein yer cookers, an foods; that's what we do, round these parts...

Comment

You hit the nail on the head when you said you probably make decent BBQ.
              Most cooks on here will agree they make decent to good BBQ, this site will up your ability to make great BBQ and in some cases hit it outta the park BBQ.
              Plenty of knowledgeable, giving people on this site willing to help you at the drop of a hat.
              Kneel at the feet of the masters and learn my friend.

Comment

Welcome! Happy to hear from you and thanks for your years of support. I'll pass this on to Meathead, he'll love reading it..

Comment

Very enjoyable reading your first post and now that you've broken the ice we look forward to many more.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!
                    Look forward to ser more from yer side of the world..😎
                    ​​​​​​​Cheers from Norway Arionuq

Comment

You managed to eloquently and succinctly describe exactly how I feel about this site and the information that Meathead provides. Meathead, and the people on this site, have changed the way I think about, cook and enjoy great food.

If that was your first post, I can not wait for your future ones.

Welcome to the Pit!!

Comment

• Meathead
                        Meathead commented
                        Editing a comment
                        So gratifying to hear this.

Welcome from an old Air Force guy in southeast Michigan! Thanks for your service!

Comment

Welcome aboard and thanks for the support. Comments like this make the project so worthwhile.

Comment

What a great first post, Arionuq ! Welcome, and I look forward to more of your posts!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here