Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow But Sure Wins the Race... :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow But Sure Wins the Race... :-)

I've been a huge fan of this site since its inception and finally managed to come across my DTB version of Meathead's cook book, the one with the free 90 days membership sticker on the front cover, so here I am!
    I've been BBQing and Grilling for more years than I'd care to remember and they are definitely passions of mine. My wife and I are fortunate enough to live right on Pigeon Lake, just outside of Bobcaygeon, Ontario. Nothing quite like tending the smoker or grill while looking at the lake.
    My equipment includes (I'm in cybersecurity and am definitely a gadget guy):
    1. Traegar pellet grill
    2. Napoleon gasser
    3. Big Steel Keg
    4. Weber 22"
    5. Pit Barrel Cooker
    and I use them all! :-)
    Looking forward to both learning and being able to contribute!
    Attached Files

Great looking setup & cooker lineup! Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzydaddy View Post
      Great looking setup & cooker lineup! Welcome to The Pit.
      Thanks fuzzydaddy!

Comment

Very nice. I look forward to seeing some of your cooks! Welcome from south Texas. We are entering the season most people love the south Air Conditioning, comes right after Summer begins!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you and all of your cookers.

Comment

That is an absolutely beautiful setup/surroundings, pkadare . I bet it's a joy to spend time cooking there.

Do you cook out there much in the wintertime?

Kathryn

Comment

Fantastic looking setup. Welcome from Texas, look forward to some original recipes!!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome aboard from Rockland County NY. Great looking setup and views.

Comment

Greetings from South Africa.
                      Awesome outdoor kitchen and view.

Comment

Originally posted by fzxdoc View Post
                        That is an absolutely beautiful setup/surroundings, pkadare . I bet it's a joy to spend time cooking there.

Do you cook out there much in the wintertime?

Kathryn
                        Thanks, it is awesome! I don't cook in the gazebo during the winter, as a matter of fact, to keep the snow out, I wrap the whole thing in pallet wrap. :-) In the late fall, just before the snow is due, I move the PBC up closer to the house, just off of our deck and then use that during the winter. The gazebo is a good 50' from the house and the snow can get pretty deep.

Comment

• fzxdoc
                          fzxdoc commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I was wondering about that. Good plan to keep the PBC close at hand. Do you blanket it for a wintertime cook or just let it do its thing? I live in a more temperate climate (not much snow, usually) so my PBC runs in its alltogether year-round.

Kathryn

• pkadare
                          pkadare commented
                          Editing a comment
                          fzxdoc - No blanket, I just let it do its thing. So far, no complaints.

Originally posted by jecucolo View Post
                        Very nice. I look forward to seeing some of your cooks! Welcome from south Texas. We are entering the season most people love the south Air Conditioning, comes right after Summer begins!
                        We've had a horrible spring. Last weekend we had 3 sunny days in a row, first such streak since March!

Comment

• smokin fool
                          smokin fool commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Horrible isn't the word for this spring up here.
                          Even this weekend clouded over Sat at 830am broke back thru Sun night at 630 pm. Frustrating!!!!
                          Beautiful country over in the Kawartha's and then there's Kawartha Dairy ice cream....

Welcome from Colorado ... great looking setup you've got there!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta. Nice local and cookers.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here