Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dmakkk aka (Brian Mak) from Long Beach NY....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dmakkk aka (Brian Mak) from Long Beach NY....

The last couple of years i have really been getting into BBQing on my weber genesis 310. I bought the rotisserie, smoke pouches, Igrill 2 and so forth. I recently purchased a WSM 14.5 that I am picking up this week so I am excited to get that fired up and seasoned asap.. This is a great site that i have been coming to for years and just recently joined.

Welcome aboard.

Comment

Welcome aboard Dmakkk

Comment

Welcome to The Pit! Thanks for the support. With a name like Mak I'd expect to see your namesake pellet grill in your lineup!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome, Dmakkk. I got a 14.5 WSM for Christmas and in addition to seasoning it I've done 3 cooks with it. My first cook was a failure (the first 4 hours were perfect - a LOT of extenuating circumstances as to why it failed later). My second cook produced great baby backs but I had a hard time hitting and maintaining my target temp of 225. I am sure 5 degrees fahrenheit coupled with swirling winds (I had it on my porch so it was somewhat sheltered, but the swirling wind wreaked havoc) and a blizzard were all contributing factors. My 3rd cook went flawlessly from start-to-finish and I was almost taken aback as to how good the ribs came out.

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily....oops....that's a movie quote....my advice to you is to start using that little gem as soon as possible!

Comment

Welcome aboard. You may get a lot of followers with the Mak on the user profile.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here