Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Time, Long Time . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Time, Long Time . . .

Howdy folks. First time member, though I've been visiting the site off and on for many years. I'm not sure when I first discovered AmazingRibs, but it was the review of the Rec-Tec pellet smoker here that made me purchase one in 2013. It's been a great smoker over the years, and a few upgrades have made it better. There's also a menagerie of other grills - the obligatory 22" kettle, a decent gas grill, and several portables of various fuel types. Admittedly, out of convenience, the gasser gets used the most.

Due to various circumstances, the Rec-Tec has sat cold for the past two years. This evening, I dusted it off & fired it up to make sure it still worked - which it did, without issue. Tomorrow night, it is getting loaded up with fresh hickory pellets and a few MMD rubbed chickens to break it in again, followed by some pork butts on Friday night! Over all these years, I've only ever cooked pork and various birds on the Rec-Tec. I plan on trying brisket this year - but I suspect that might lead to a stick-fired smoker of some sort joining the back porch .

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Sounds like me, used this site for references from time to time for years before I finally joined up.
      Been here 4 or 5 weeks now, lots of knowledge here, even my wife says my BBQing/smoking has improved.

Comment

Glad to see ya finally come around. Enjoy the ride. Eat good and have fun!

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from southeast Michigan!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                I'm lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg.

Comment

Welcome from Farmville, Va...

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota! Enjoy all your cookers.

Comment

Cheers from KFWA!

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. I suggest throwing a chuck roast or two in that cooker. They cook like butts cook, but may have to go a bit higher in temp to get to probe tender.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here