Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just purchased a Pit Boss 820 Pro Series. First couple of weeks have been a little rocky. Started with a brisket (flat cut). Usually do a point but couldn’t find one. It came out "ok" but not as good as others I have done on an electric smoker. Went to smoke a salmon fillet. This did not work out well as I followed the pre heat instructions to take the temp to 350. Tried to get it down to smoke setting but by the time the temp came down, the salmon was done. Next up was rib eyes. Set the temp to 475 but it never got above 450. Not only that it cause the front and back of the bottom barrel to have the paint blister. Have shared all of this with Pit Boss via email but have not gotten a response. Second guessing the decision on the Pit Boss and would be interested in any insights from any one.

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
    Lookin forward to yer continued adventures with yer new Pit Boss...

Comment

Welcome from south Texas! Best wishes with your new cooker. Surely someone here will have some ideas. I believe several here use that cooker.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. Sorry, but I don't have a pellet cooker.

Comment

We’ll need some birds from the pellet pooper department to weigh in on this. Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

• HouseHomey
                HouseHomey commented
                Editing a comment
                That would be on the 4th floor.

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                Ah yes, the infamous 4th floor.

Welcome from Hays, Kansas!

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts

Comment

Welcome from the NC mountains.

Comment

Welcome from South Louisiana!

Comment

Welcome from southeast Michigan!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota! I'm a Pellet Guy but not familiar with your cooker--I hope someone with a Pit Boss chimes in.
                        Last edited by Skip; June 11, 2019, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg. Sorry I don’t know that cooker either.

Comment

Welcome from Farmville, Va...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here