Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camp Cookin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camp Cookin

They said they found me hidin' behind a tumbleweed out east of El Paso back in the early 40's. They said I was awful puny then, but I don't remember; I musta been about six, I guess. They were on a big drive up to Kansas City. Ol' Cooky had charge of the chuck wagon an he took me in an kep me fed well enough so I'd grow. Ol Cooky kep all the boys fed and he told me he'd keep on a feedin me too if I'd help him with his chores. So I sorta grew up helpin Cooky an learnt all I know bout camp cookin from him. Then one day one of the horses stepped on Ol Cooky's foot and broke it. That horse hurt him real bad and he had to give up wranglin the chuck wagon. Well, it fell to me then to keep on feedin the boys. It took me quite awhile to get it right though. But I knew I was gettin better when most of the boys stopped throwin rocks at me. So that's how I learnt all about how to cook, but I'm startin to get old. So I thot I might as well teach you fellers now. Y'all seem real nice here. Ï¡ ; > D }

Our family loves to camp. Looking forward to your tales/recipes/techniques

Welcome!

Comment

Hello CC, Welcome.

Comment

Welcome aboard Camp

Comment

Welcome to The Pit (CampCook) ! Do you have any dutch oven talents you can share? There are a few D.O. cooks here, seems like that's some popular camp cookery. When I camp I use a good ol Coleman stove. A fried fish grilled cheese sandwich with cheddar & chili powder is my camp favorite. Of course, they take what they can get.....

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here