Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inupiaq stuck on the Main land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inupiaq stuck on the Main land

Been reading alot of posts, thought I would say Hello, Grew up in northern Alaska, ate alot of fresh caribou, lake fish "Dolly's" sometimes 6' long, sea fish "white fish" cisco, seals, ducks, brown bear, an occasional moose and frozen beef,"we had to ship any beef, pork, or chicken to our Island." While I miss the game flavor of what we just caught, but i have since developed a severe fondness of ribeyes. recently my gas grill died, but have been doing fairly well on a used pellet grill i refurbished. I cant afford ribeyes everytime i want steak so my question to you all is what do you do with a 1" sirloin on a pellet grill?

Welcome to The Pit. I'd cook hot and fast until the internal temp is where you want it.

Comment

agree. Welcome to the Main Land and the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Louisiana! You mentioned a lot of game, most of which is unknown tastewise to the vast majority of pit members. Sounds like tastey food to me. Here is the important question we must know.

Which one of those critters taste like chicken?

On a more serious note, I like sirloin and treat it like any other steak cut. It is a little tougher on average but not so much that I don't like it. Typically, it has less marbling. Flavor is still very good and a lot cheaper than some of the other cuts.

Look forward to hearing from you more and please post some picks of what your cooking way up north.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ... and if you want ribeye flavor on a chuck budget, check out chuck eye steak. Oh, and having spent a long time in Alaska, I miss dollies, too.

Comment

The Republic of Texas welcomes you.

Comment

Cook it & eat it! Good to have ya aboard with us. Eat good & have fun.

Comment

Welcome to the Pitmaster Club! I’m a big fan of game meat, have cooked a lot. I wish I can visit Canada in the future, seems to be a beautiful country.

Since you’re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. It’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, you can change it by simply visiting https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pi...il-request.php

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all paying USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Comment

Welcome from Florida.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas! What part of the mainland?

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg. You grew up on on interesting diet most of us have never tried. Make sure you dry brine the sirloin as that will help it retain moisture.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome.

I love sirloin. I think it's one of the most underrated cuts. I treat it just like I treat any other steak.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here