Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie from Las Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie from Las Vegas

Well, Henderson, NV.
    Got ourselves a house the late summer of 2017.
    First purchase was an Oklahoma Joes Bandera, so I got into smoking.
    I've been through 3 or 4 bbq thermometers and more bags of smoking wood then I can think.

I mostly have done chicken wings with a killer dry rub, ribs a bunch and tri tip.
    Tried brisket once but I didnt do well...
    Will those thermostatic controllers work with my rig?
    I am open to modifying it.

My biggest drag is that my wife doesn't really LIKE barbecue, so I usually take my stuff to work to share and I have smoked more trout and salmon than anyone else I know.

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome from TN

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya...

Absolutely stupefied by th idea/concept that yer missus doesn't like barbecue, but I reckon th ability to change alla that lies right in yerself, along with that OKJ Bandera...

Comment

Yeah, my daughter won't eat a hamburger unless it comes from some fast food dump....

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Maybe you should try a lighter smoke flavor, or a new wife. 😀

Comment

Welcome from southeast Michigan!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland. Let us know what foods she does like. We have members that can cook almost anything on a grill and make it fantastic. Kale included.

Comment

Welcome from Pittsburgh!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Wilson County, Texas! Condolences on the divided family😳😁

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Slip her a little taste every so often. You'll win her over.

Comment

Originally posted by Donw View Post
                            Welcome from Maryland. Let us know what foods she does like. We have members that can cook almost anything on a grill and make it fantastic. Kale included.
                            Thanks.
                            she likes bland.
                            My dry rubs arent..
                            maybe I should just use salt and pepper for her...

Comment

• Donw
                              Donw commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Some of the most famous BBQ cooks stick with just good old salt and pepper, with maybe some garlic powder thrown in, and they have lines waiting outside to eat their food. Good luck.

Welcome from Minnesota!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here