Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from La Crosse wi.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from La Crosse wi.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RIchard at table wheelchair.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	657026 Hello, new member and pretty new to the idea of the long slow cook, pretty much mostly yard bird and burgers before, the occasional tenderloin etc.. but jumping in with some enthusiasm to it, lot's to learn about the science of meat, fire, time, and seasoning. I have done 1 pork butt, 1 pork sirloin roast for longer cooks, although the pork sirloin was only around 4-5 hours. I am also learning the reverse sear. I am a year plus into an electric wheelchair, so, I did not get a lot of winter cooking on grills, but, hope to find ways to fill up winter in future with learning and planning for the next summer. Otherwise, no real limitations with it, just adaptive thinking. Here are the cooks I mentioned above. Still have not done ribs, fish, brisket, and so much more. But, looking forward to learning them, and learning from many in here. I feel I have been pretty lucky in my first cooks.
    Attached Files

Welcome from Colorado ... and great pics!

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

Welcome to the Pit and a cooking adventure from Dallas, TX!

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you

Welcome Richard Chrz from 2.5 hrs West of you. You will like it here lots to learn and share. You posted some nice cooks already. Nice table too!

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Skip: thank you for the welcome, glad to meet another Midwest member. I was directed to this website for my questions, I spent a month reading as much of the free stuff as I could, I found enough great info on here that I felt I needed to support it. So much to learn. So far it seems to be one of my go to sites. I have been pretty lucky so far with my first few cooks.
      Last edited by Richard Chrz; March 29, 2019, 12:01 PM.

Welcome to the Pitmaster Club! Thanks for joining up!

When you have a second, give this thread a once over. There is some important information for you. This information will ensure you get the most out of your experience here in The Pit.

Also, it's very important that you:
    • Check your email, go to User settings then the account tab.You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. Please visit this link: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pi...il-request.php
    • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!
    • Finally, we would LOVE to hear from you! Please check out our Pit Cast. You can have a chat with Greg Rempe, from the BBQ Central Show! Not too worry, he makes things easy! This is a great way for our community to meet our new members on a more personal level! Check out all the Pit Casts here!

Thank you for your support. We are excited to have you and we look forward to your contributions.

-Spinaker

Comment

Welcome from Texas! Looks pretty good to me so far!

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you.

You and I could become real good friends over that Porterhouse steak !!! Welcome to the Pit from the Republic of Texas !!

And by the way, when I lived in Illinois Old Style was one of my favorite brews !!

Comment

• BourBonQ
        BourBonQ commented
        Editing a comment
        I lived right behind the "World's Largest Six Pack" in Lacrosse back in the 90's.

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        HaHa! Yeah, that was a killer steak. We have some great beer made here! Cheers!

Welcome from Maryland. Great looking food in those photos!

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you

Welcome from Louisiana!! Nice cook. Looks like you're doing great so far.

Just noticed that beer on the table. Heck, there is very little left for you to learn.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, if I have coal going, there is likely a local brew sitting near me.

Welcome from Eastern Wisconsin! Your pics look great!!

Comment

Welcome from the Lowcountry of South Carolina! Lived for a short time in your fair city, long enough to experience winter temps that I didn't know existed. Still visit on business quite frequently and I really enjoy going back.

Great pics.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        HaHa, we had one of the coldest we have had in a long time Great city though. Glad you make it back. Thank you!

Welcome from the LOU! My you've made me hungry - consistent cooks like that aren't luck. Time for you to branch out!

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, and kind of you to say, I credit my grill and my thermometers, I just lay down some coals, initiate a spark, and let it all happen. I look forward to following along and the inspiration to keep pushing my grills and myself.

• JGo37
        JGo37 commented
        Editing a comment
        Temp and time are the magic. After I got consistent with how I wanted to cook different meats (long or quick, low or high), I branched out to what and how long to faux cambro, and what to inject with how much. It's an endless frontier!

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        JGo37: yeah, my mind is branching, I am trying to slow it down, just enjoy the process and see where it takes me. But I know me, lol! My outdoor kettle kitchen will grow!

Welcome The Chrz-man! You’re on your way now, no stoppin ya. Eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome neighbor... i'm also in La Crosse. Looks like you've made some good eats!

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey, thank you for the welcome neighbor. Certainly have enjoyed the tasty benefits of the cooks.

Hi, Neighbor -- I'm about 1 1/4 hours south and a bit west of you. Good looking meat you've been cooking! What time did you say supper was?

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! Ha! I told my neighbors, you see the grill out front, trust that I have a beer in the garage.

• IowaGirl
        IowaGirl commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, that's a fine, neighborly thing to do!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here