Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from New Port Richey, FL.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome from southeast Michigan! You're in the right place for learning!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg. Great reading both here and on the main site. Have fun.

Comment

• Johnny Big Time
      Johnny Big Time commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you and I plan to!

Welcome from Farmville, Va...

Comment

• Johnny Big Time
      Editing a comment
      Thank you and love the license plate!

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome! You’re in the right place. Good people. Good fun. Good learning. Good singin’. Good playin’.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Here you go Johnny, and welcome to the Pit from the Republic of Texas !!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	man.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	655148

Comment

• Johnny Big Time
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! You are the man! Fixed my pic!

• Johnny Big Time
      Editing a comment
      Now if I can only get it right in my profile.

Welcome from Winnipeg ! Looking forward to seeing pics from your cooks .

Comment

• Johnny Big Time
      Editing a comment
      Thank you and I'll start posting them soon!

Welcome to the Pit! It is a great place to learn, and it won’t be long before you can post your picture straight up. LOL

Comment

So I was playing with my pics and this time it came out right, not sideways lol. I guess the computer thinks my face is too ugly to be upright lol.

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Just figured you were in witness protection.

• Johnny Big Time
      Editing a comment
      LOL...shhh!

Welcome to the pit. Our AR bros and sisters will have you up to speed and making some great stuff in no time. They upped my game so much that I get requests now - got a request for some brisket at Christmas, and my wife refuses to cook if the weather is nice on the weekends. I am still kind of in a daze about it all. Or maybe that's the beer...

Comment

• Johnny Big Time
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! Just have another beer, it'll be all good then.

First fire of my first stick burner today! I'm not happy with the wood though. I bought some cherry from someone on facebook and then I got a bag of Kingsford hickory sticks from Home Depot. They took FOREVER to finally catch fire, and then it was a fight to keep it going for a 4 hour burn-in of the smoker. Maybe I should just buy wood fron an online vendor.
    Attached Files

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois! Enjoy burning wood! The dryer the better for smoking wood, so store it stacked and protected from the weather.

Comment

• Johnny Big Time
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! I have plenty of room in the garage to store wood, but so far I think the wood I got is still green. I found someone else on facebook selling wood...going to pick up some to try out this morning. Eventually, I'm sure I'll find someone who sells quality wood.

• Johnny Big Time
        Editing a comment
        Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe I should buy a digital wood moisture meter so I can do a quick test on the wood these people are selling so I don't waste my money.

• Oakgrovebacon
        Oakgrovebacon commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be big help.

Welcome to the pit from a trial member in Santa Fe, NM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here