Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member from North ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member from North ID

Long time lurker, reader, and fan. Been BBQing regularly for 15 years but am expecting a KBQ today and feel like a wee BBQ babay all over again. Used to live in CA and was fortunate to learn from some great BBQ pitmasters like Harry Soo. That of course means I have a WSM and still love it. Also have one of the Weber Genesis II grills without the recent upgrades, which is sad.

If anyone on here is from the Spokane/Eastern Washington/North ID/Northern Montana areas and has a line on a good fruit wood source please let me know! Happy to drive ungodly distances if needed.

I also write about the NFL at 538, so if you are a football fan or a stats nerd we will probably be fast friends.

Thanks!

Welcome from Colorado ... and good luck with your quest for wood. I don't recall much in the way of hard wood from my Montana days.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

Hello friscojosh, greetings from across the border in Spokane. I haven't found any good wood sources yet but I haven't really looked. Maybe call some of the fruit orchards in Greenbluff and see what they do with any trees they cut down?

And a big football fan here. Had a football blog (mainly Seahawks) for a few years a while back. And currently work for the largest online retailer of licensed sports merchandise. So I get to talk about sports (and meat) all day. Not a bad gig.

Comment

• friscojosh
            friscojosh commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I'm asking around but it seems not a lot of folks around here are stick burners. I was told finding a good wood source would be the hardest part of owning a KBQ and that seems to be the case. Hawks are a super interesting team. Schotty loves to run even though he has one of the best QBs in the league behind center. I think he ran more when adjusted for down distance and score than any other OC in the NFL. Wild.

Welcome to the Pit
          Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome from Farmville, Va...

Comment

Welcome from Louisiana!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Josh.

Comment

Welcome from southeast Michigan!

Comment

Greetings.

Comment

Welcome to The Pitmaster Club! Thanks for giving us a try with the Free Trial membership and for introducing yourself. We hope you’ll decide to stick around! Congrats on the new KBQ coming. Don't miss the channel we have specifically for KBQ tips & tricks & showing off!: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo.../karubecue-kbq

Also, since you mention Harry Soo and the WSM, check out one of our first video interviews we'd ever done, with none other than Mr Soo himself talking all about the WSM: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...untain-1hr-24m

Now that that's out of the way...

Since you’re new here, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                      1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your username in the top-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us yourself since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor if you’re a paying member. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you, just click here to fill out an email change request.
                      2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members. (Paid members get automatic monthly entry, whereas Free Trial members or general public must enter manually.) We’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome aboard, eat good and have fun!
                        Big football fan & baseball but not of stats, mostly coaches.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit !

Comment

Wow! 538, eh? Great site, tho I follow the politics (around election time), not so much sports. I thought that Silver's last 2016 polls showed how actually close the race was and put the lie to the fact that pollsters don't know what they're doing. Congrats for being part of a real professional organization.

I used to live in Big Creek (Crick--lol), between Wallace and Kellogg and not far from Elk Creek. Spectacular country!

Comment

• allsid
                              allsid commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Big creek's up, little creeks level....

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here