Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member from SOCAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member from SOCAL

Hello everyone, I am a long time devotee of the smoke and fire method of food and love this site. Have been lurking here for a couple of months, then bought Meathead's first book. Tried and failed multiple times but am still at it! Have tried everything EXCEPT brisket and it is next to conquer this weekend! I am trying two of them to see which works well. High hopes abound!!!! I started on a Weber 18", then to a 22" but needed more. Finally gave in to the smoker urge and bought a cheap gas smoker which I found impossible to control the temp with less than 25 degrees variance. However, I cranked out a few killer St. Louis ribs on multiple occasions along with beef ribs, pulled pork and some fab cowboy steaks. I really went all in on one occasion on this horrible machine with 4 big fat Tomahawks which, with Meatheads advice and my lousy gas smoker, turned out fantastic! Yearning for more control, I went to my fave BBQ retailer and bought a brand new pellet smoker by GMG. Am fascinated by the thing and am finally learning the hot spots inside of it. Amazing range of temps in that box! Just bought a fancy thermometer and some thermo-rock gasket material. I'm a die hard tinkerer and eventually will learn how to do all this with the help of this site and all of you pros and enthusiasts. Glad to be part of the crowd now. Looking forward to my trial by fire with the dreaded brisket....fear and anticipation abound but the spirit drives me forward.

Welcome from Minnesota DSW0557 to The Pit and lots of Fun Cooks!

Comment

Welcome from West Michigan! It sounds like you definitely have the BBQ itch. You have come to the right place to get it scratched.

Comment

Welcome to the pit. You have definitely come to the right place.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
          Glad to have ya here with us, best of luck on yer brisket cook!

Comment

Welcome from Texas!

Comment

Welcome from southeast Michigan!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to the Pit and to the wonderful world of pellet cooking

Comment

Welcome from Louisiana!!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Good luck with the brisket.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! It seems you had MCS (More Cooker Syndrome) before you joined the Pit. Beware. It could accelerate.

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg. Good luck with that brisket, they aren’t as scary as they sound.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. To help identify hot spots, place slices of white bread at various locations in your smoker to see which browns the fastest, and which brown the slowest.

Comment

You have reached tinkerers paradise. I’m not one of them, but there are plenty here. Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here