Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not a new NC member but a new intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a new NC member but a new intro

I have been a member for a year but have been reading not posting. I live in the middle part of North Carolina in the town of Angier with my Wife. Been married 42 years.
    My first grill was one of those square charcoal grills given to us as a wedding present. When I wore it out I bought a Gas grill. Anyone else every seen the fire you get when lava rocks soak up a load of grease from a pork butt?
    Just retired in December. I might have enough grills and smokers but I always seem to need one more.
    I mainly cook on my 22 inch Weber kettle. I have another 22 inch Weber that I rescued from the curb and will buy a new cooking grate for it if I decide I need more grill space. Or use the GrillGrates I just purchased
    Have two Masterbuilt smokers. One is a dual fuel (propane / charcoal) the other is an electric with modifications.
    One gas grill that is mostly kept around so I have the side burner for lighting charcoal.
    Recently picked up a 18.5 inch Weber Smokey Mountain at a local thrift store. It only needed cooking grates so how could I turn it down for less than 40 dollars?
    Right before I left Home Depot someone heard me talking about grilling and smoking and wanted to sell me a grill that was given to them that they did not want because it was small and heavy, Turned out to be a small BGE. It's an old one but in great shape.
    My cheap offset smoker has only been used for grilling when I need more space.
    Been cooking right much on my 28 inch Blackstone griddle.
    There are a few small grills setting around that are for camping or table top use.
    We are fortunate to have two good meat markets in Angier and a Carlie C's grocery store that has had some really good beef lately.

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Mike.

Comment

FIRE, ready, aim. Welcome aboard, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
            Great intro, really good to git to know ya, sounds like we have much in common.

Lookin forward to hearin more from ya, brother...

Comment

• North Carolina Mike
              North Carolina Mike commented
              Editing a comment
              A lot in common. The reason I finally broke down and posted an intro was a comment you made in a thread about store bought sausage. I also have a grease can setting on the stove for all that bacon grease. With fruit recalls and lettuce recalls and blood pressure medicine recalls, bacon seems to be one of the few safe foods. Never seen a bacon recall.

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm certain we will converse more, in th near future, amigo!

Still have/daily use a Grease Can, (Have a spare, with a spout, actually ) per th planet I come from...

Please, let me add, once again; Welcome, an glad to have ya here! :cheers

Welcome from Louisiana!

Comment

Welcome from southeast Michigan!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg. You have a great collection of grills and smokers on the go already. Have fun cooking. By the way, I do remember those lava rock grease fires. They could be pretty impressive.

Comment

Welcome from TN

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Louisiana. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois! So you have MCS also.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Baltimore, MD! We're glad you're here.

Oh, and the formula for how many grills you need is: N+1, with N being the number of grills you already have.

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here