Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Maine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Maine

Hi everybody, my name is Al and I'm from Maine. I love to eat especially grilled ribeye steaks and BBQ, especially ribs and pulled pork. I'm new to smoking and can't wait to get a smoker and get going. I don't have a lot of cash to invest in a smoker so I've been checking out the Oklahoma Joe Bandera offset vertical smoker. But while doing some research on UDS I came across the Amazing Ribs article on cheap offset smokers and why they suck, then I found the article about the Pit Barrel Smoker and decided that was the way to go for a newbie like me.

PBC or maybe a Weber Smokey Mountain. I have the wsm, and have had one for years (I am actually on my second one), but I am longing for a pbc among other things. First of all, though, welcome to the pit from TN. You are going to love it here. Guaranteed.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Al.

Comment

Welcome from southeast Michigan!

Comment

Hi Al!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Madison, WI

Comment

Welcome, from Appleton, WI

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ... you’ll love a PBC.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Oh yeah on the PBC! Now as far as what you like, you have to make up yer mind, especially ribeyes, especially wibs or especially pulled pork, which is it. Although you are allowed all three. Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Welcome from South Eastern Indiana. PBC or build your own UDS. Best value!

Comment

Welcome from Wilson County,Texas!

Comment

Welcome Al from Winnipeg Manitoba !!!!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. Enjoy The Pit AND your New PBC!

Comment

Welcome from Farmville, Va...

I love my PBC...There are alot of things in and around my house I would get rid of before my PBC...It has taken by Chicken and Rib results to a whole new level...It does an amazing job on Pork Butts also - I like to say that PBC stands for Pork Butt Cooker...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here