Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newb from Golden, CO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newb from Golden, CO

Hiya from beautiful Golden, Colorado. I'm at 6,000 ft elevation and yes, I'm about 1/2 mile from the Coors Brewery for you beer aficionados!

I have had my Traeger Tailgater for several years and have used it off-and-on but certainly did not understand the art and science of smoking. After watching the Kingsford Pitmaster Challenge tv program last year I started gaining interest.

Have a couple briskets, steaks and ribs under my belt. Can get a nice smoke ring with the Traeger but the final product is far from ideal.

Hoping there are some high-altitude smokers here because I've learned that we're not only challenged with having to cook longer, we also are greatly challenged keeping meat moist.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SpeedyB; January 29, 2019, 01:46 PM.

Welcome from Maryland. I live at sea level but can appreciate the challenges you face cooking at over a mile higher.

Comment

Welcome to the Pitmaster Club! I'm sure you'll find all the help you need here. Just ask, and we'll chip in.

Since you’re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. It’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, you can change it by simply visiting https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pi...il-request.php

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all paying USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Madison, WI.

Comment

Welcome from 6300 ft. on the north flank of the Palmer Divide in Parker.

Comment

Welcome from TN. Even though I am not at high altitude I have had trouble with dry, far from ideal food. Our AR brethren and sister-en are slowly correcting the errors of my ways. In other words, you came to the right place

And I love an ice cold Coors from time to time.

Comment

• SpeedyB
            SpeedyB commented
            Editing a comment
            Haha glad it's not just me 🍻

Welcome to The Pit Master Club! We are happy to have you here. Thank you for your support to our community!

Have you ever checked out the Pit Barrel Cooker? They are brisket cooking machines. You get some really great flavor too.

Another thing to consider is the quality of meat you are buying. For brisket, it is very important to buy the highest quality meat you can find. That makes a huge difference. If you have not already, check out this article on Brisket, from Meathead.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. Sorry, but I can't help.

Comment

Welcome from southeast Michigan!

Comment

Welcome from Pensacola Florida.

Comment

No challenges that cain’t be handled round here. We’ve got plenty of help. Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Wilson County, south Texas! (Elevation about 500 ft.)

Comment

Welcome from 43 ft. in Louisiana.

Comment

• SpeedyB
                          SpeedyB commented
                          Editing a comment
                          43 ft ha!

Welcome to the PIT from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here