Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long Time Looker, First Time Pit Member!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Time Looker, First Time Pit Member!

First off, I'd like to congratulate Meathead on the greatest, most helpful BBQ & cooking site on the Interwebs! His advice has been a big help to me for several years now!

Born, raised, and still residing in Nebraska, I enjoy BBQ and Cooking of all sorts. Growing up an avid Outdoorsman, Bow Hunter, Bird Hunter, and Fisherman I've always had the enjoyed harvesting my own Wild Game, and Fish. Coming from a family heavily involved in farming and beef production, I never pass on the opportunity to cook up a good Ribeye...

As for BBQ, I've probably spent more weekends in the last 10 years with something on the cooker than not... I'm always looking for new and exciting recipes and techniques. We tend to have a lot of "gatherings" at my house, so it seems I'm always cooking for a group in one form or another. I really enjoy smoking Beef Brisket, Pork Ribs, Beef Short Ribs, Pork Butt, Eggs, Nuts, Cheese, Fish, Salt, you name it!

I also have fun trying to develop new or different ways of cooking my Wild Game, like Deer, Duck, Goose, Pheasant, Quail, and Dove... Anything I get the opportunity to hunt & harvest. It just seems the Low & Slow method will bring out the best in almost any kind of meat...

Since I spend my days doing Engineering Design work for the Street Rod, Racing, and Sprint Car Markets, I really truly appreciate Meathead's more scientific take on BBQ, and cooking in general! I probably enjoy the science behind the cooking almost as much as the cook at eating itself! I'm also constantly impressed that Meathead (and the others involved with this website) are always looking to improve their techniques and recipes, as evidenced by the different revisions to them I've seen over the years! I especially like it that Meathead has removed the salt from many rubs, etc. for those of us that Brine or Dry Brine our foods (really helps avoid "Double Salt Jeopardy"!)

I owe it to Meathead that I now own 2 ThermaPens, Grill Grates & Griddles (these have also been given as gifts to family & friends many times) as well as many other gadgets he's recommended... Personally I use my 6-Burner Kenmore Grill, my Weber Kettle, Bradley 6-Rack & 4 Rack Automatic Smokers, and I'm now slowly working my way into true wood-fire BBQ as well....

Beyond that, I'm a big Husker Fan (Football, Baseball, Basketball, etc), San Francisco 49'ers Football Fan, and more... I'm also really into Auto Racing of all sorts, and working on cars as well... I also spend a lot of time sharpening my hunting skills, Bow Shooting, as well as the Gun Shooting Sports in general...

Glad to finally be a member and Let's Keep the Smoke a Rollin' ya'll!

HuskerHunter

Welcome HH! We're glad you're here. Can't wait to see pics of all that cookin!

Comment

Welcome H2. Pleasure to meet you.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. Glad to see another Husker getting involved. I'm about as far west as you can get (8 miles from the Wyoming border), but have season tix for football. Go Big Red!

Comment

Welcome H2. Thanks for the Bio. You will find this is a very diverse group and you will fit right in. I look forward to your pics and posts.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit!!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit HuskerHunter! You sound like a well-tuned guy to outdoor cooking, that's great. Look forward to welcoming you to the world of log cooking should you choose a stickburner soon. There are a few of us stickburners around these parts, not many but we're growing!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here