Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Northern CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Northern CA

Finally found a great site and sounds like a great bunch of interesting folks. Been smoking and BBQ'n quite a few years but never to old to learn from the pros. Just remember "Napa" makes auto parts but Lake County produces some of the best wines in CA. In fact I use the oak from older oak wine barrels to smoke and the finished flavor is fantastic. Thanks all for interesting info.

Hello Gf. Welcome to the club.

Comment

Welcome aboard GF

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit GF! We're glad you're here. I think you'll find there are a lot of Zinfandel fans around here. Myself included.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit, Grapefarmer! Do you sell wine barrel oak staves, or chunks of them by chance? I'd like to try some. I have tried whiskey barrel stave pieces with great results. I second Pit Boss' words, I am a zinfandel lover, the more peppery the better.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
              ...I second Pit Boss' words, I am a zinfandel lover, the more peppery the better....
              Peppery Zin good.

Jammy Zin bad. Blech.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              Rubs Promo

Spotlight

These are not paid placements, they are a curated selection of reviewed products.

All of the products below have been tested and are highly recommended. Click here to read more about our review process.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

Many merchants pay us a small referral fee when you click our links and purchase from them. This has zero impact on the price you pay, but has a major impact on our ability to maintain and improve this site so please click our “buy now” buttons on product reviews!

The Good-One Is A Superb Grill And A Superb Smoker All In One

The Good-One Open Range is dramatically different from a traditional offset smoker, placing the heat source behind and under the smokebox instead of off to the side. Click here to read our†complete review.

The Pit Barrel Cooker May Be Too Easy

The PBC has a rabid cult following for good reason. It’s among the best bargains for a smoker in the world. This baby cooks circles around cheap offset smokers because temperature control is so much easier. Click here to read our detailed review and the raves from people who own them.

BBQ And Grilling Gifts For Every Occasion

Looking for the perfect gift for the BBQ and grilling enthusiasts in your life? Here’s our suggestion for platinum and gold medal-winning products at a variety of price points. Click here to see our list of Gold Medal Gifts.

The Cool Kettle With The Hinged Hood We Always Wanted

Napoleon’s 22″ Pro Cart Charcoal Kettle Grill puts a few spins on the familiar kettle design. In fact, the hinged lid with a handle on the front spins in a rotary motion 180 degrees. It’s hard to beat a Weber kettle, but Napoleon holds its own and adds some unique features to make the 22″ Pro Cart a viable alternative. Click here for more about what makes this grill special.