Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member from Eastern Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member from Eastern Iowa

Greetings, Folks!

My name is Gwen and I've been recommending the AmazingRibs.com web site to coworkers and friends for a few years, and have heard about you all from my dad, who joined in 2014, and so I thought it was time that I joined up with all of you to learn and share. I joined last week but haven't had time to introduce myself with holiday celebrations and such.

I really enjoy cooking and use a gas grill for most of my meat grilling, but also have a smoker that I've played with a bit, but perhaps 2019 is the year to actually master the smoker?!?!? It's a Brinkman Smoke and Grill that a coworker was getting rid of a couple years ago, so I had to take advantage of that and started using it. I collect cookbooks (old community and church cookbooks are my favorite) and tend to document what I make on a blog that I started a few years back.

I live near Cedar Rapids and Iowa City in Eastern Iowa and work on a college campus. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all a little bit better this year!

Welcome from Colorado, Gwen ... sounds like you'll fit right in ...

Comment

Welcome from TN. I started on Brinkman smokers years ago and was able to put out some pretty good food. As you already know, this is the right place - these guys will have you cooking all kinds of things.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Gwen, from central Iowa!

Comment

• skipsdaughter
          skipsdaughter commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad to see some folks close by!

Welcome to The Pit from Hays, Kansas! I’m a former Iowa boy myself and went to college at Coe College there in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. This is a great website and forum.

Looking forward to seeing your cooks.

SP.

Comment

• skipsdaughter
          skipsdaughter commented
          Editing a comment
          I know a number of folks from Coe! Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome to The Pit from Madison, WI

Comment

Welcome from Maryland. My first smoker, a Brinkman, brings back lots of good memories of family and some tasty food.

Comment

Welcome from MN, Cheers!

Comment

• skipsdaughter
              skipsdaughter commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks! I think we met briefly at the University of Minnesota meat class last spring! Glad to be here!

• DoubleUpOrQuit
              DoubleUpOrQuit commented
              Editing a comment
              We did indeed.

Welcome from southern Minnesota! Enjoy the Pit! Who is Skip?

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              skipsdaughtersdad?

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              So it's a charter member here called Skip, gee wondering who that might be

• skipsdaughter
              skipsdaughter commented
              Editing a comment
              Dad! It's me! I saw you yesterday!!! (Picture me wildly waving my arms!!!)

Welcome from southeast Michigan!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit! Happy to have you here. Thank you for your support.

Since you’re new here, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
              1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your username in the top-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us yourself since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor if you’re a paying member. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you, just click here to fill out an email change request.
              2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members. (Paid members get automatic monthly entry, whereas Free Trial members or general public must enter manually.) We’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome from Pensacola Florida.

Comment

Well, L I B, finally some kinfolk. Glad to have ya with us. Continue to cook on yer cookers & eat good & have fun!
                Just who be Skip anyway?

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit! I have had the opportunity to dine with your parents more that once in Blue Earth! Great people! We are so happy to have you Gwen!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here