Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member from Kansas City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member from Kansas City

I've been following and using recipes from AR for a couple years and joined the Pitmaster Club to show support and get access to this wonderful bunch of food experts!!

I have always been impressed with the scientific approach to cooking used on AR, especially in the way that it debunks myths that stand in the way of making food better!!

A great example is my New Years Dinner today. I would never have considered the reverse sear method to cook a Prime Rib nor would I have had the confidence to undertake purchasing a $220 plus piece of meat (full 7 bone Prime - Prime Rib in cryopack), trimming it myself, and serving it to 12 hungry family members and friends -- without the tutorial-level wealth of knowledge and recipes on this website. The payoff; the absolute best Prime Rib I or any of my guests have ever eaten!!!

This was a full Amazing Ribs event:
    ** Full 7 bone Prime Rib trimmed to about 15 pounds plus 7 meaty bones and scraps (3 bones and scraps top the grav, the rest to the smoker)
    ** A nicely trimmed Prime Rib rolled into an 8" cylinder which was then dry-brined, rubbed, smoked and seared per the recipe to Medium Rare Perfection!
    ** A rack of 4 bones to the smoker with the roast - and cooked to 180 degrees -- Yumm!
    ** Gravy from the scraps and bones which now is going to be an amazing beef stew!
    ** Secretariat Horseradish on the side!

Thanks to Amazing Ribs and the wonderful resources that made this dinner possible!!

More on the way....

Before Smoking

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6667.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	175.5 KB
ID:	617345

Just off the smoker and getting ready to sear on the grill - 129 degrees

Name:	IMG_6672.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	239.2 KB
ID:	617346

Searing!!

Name:	IMG_6674.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	617347

Finished Product!

Name:	IMG_6676-L.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	617348

And ... the Ribs!

Name:	IMG_6675-L.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	215.5 KB
ID:	617349

Sorry - forgot to take a picture of the prime rib after cutting and before we inhaled it. Wonderful Medium Rare!!

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
    I'm in LFK, originally from EXSPGSMO, Neighbour...
    Glad to have ya here, lookin forward to seein more of yer Great Food, brother!

Great intro, likin yer work!

Comment

Very nice cook. A hearty Alaska welcome!

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Every time I see your location there is this disconnect & I have to mentally put it back together. 🕶

Welcome to the Pitmaster Club! Now that’s a beautiful rib roast!!

Since you’re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, you can change it by simply visiting https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pi...il-request.php

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all paying USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Comment

Nice job! Welcome from southeast Michigan!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. You are off to a great start.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!
            Great cook btw..
            Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome from Maryland. Good looking hunk of meat.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! How do you feel about burnt ends?

Comment

Victory! Masterful job. Nothing can be better than a houseful of happy folks. 👍👍👍

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ... and great job with that prime rib.

Comment

Epic piece of meat !! You're off to a great start, welcome to the Pit form Texas !!!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Madison, WI

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg. Great intro, we do love food pictures.

Comment

Welcome from TN. And let me join the congrats on a great looking cook bandwagon.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here