Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Jacksonville, NC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Jacksonville, NC!

What’s up Pitmaster Club??? 29 year old active duty Marine here stationed in "J-Vegas" but originally grew up in Denver, CO. I’ve browsing the site for a few months now and finally decided to take the plunge and see what the club was all about.

I’ve had a 22.5” Weber Kettle that I used to use for burgers, hot dogs, steaks (not very good, admittedly), etc. but found this site when I wanted to try my hand at some ribs. Reading through all the articles, I caught the fever and started trying my hand at low and slow on the kettle and my outdoor cooking went from "zero to hero" as my wife put it. Haha!

Now I’m the proud owner of a 18.5” WSM to go along with the trusty kettle and I think it’s fair to say that my wife and kids are happy that I decided to take the dive into the world of BBQ and smoking.

Anyways, happy to be apart of the club and glad I found a new passion that I can proudly pass on to my son when he gets older!
    Last edited by JD6326; December 27, 2018, 07:48 PM.

Welcome from the Denver area, Marine ...

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Many Thanks, fer yer Service, Brother (Jus a lowly ol Air Det Seabee, here... )

Best of all things, to yerself, an Family!

Love to see some of yer cooks, when ya figger out how to do that, here...

Comment

Welcome to The Pit, and thanx for your service.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland. My uncle was an instructor at Camp Geiger. As a young kid use to love going out there with him.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from the west side of Lake Norman.

Comment

Welcome from southeast Michigan! Thank you for your service and passing this passion on to your son!

Comment

The zero to hero is amazing isn’t it? Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit, and it sounds like you are already having fun!

Comment

Greetings from Boston. Enjoy the Pit and thank you for your service!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from TN, thanks for your service.

Comment

Welcome to the pit!
                          Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Madison, WI and thank you for your service.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here