Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jimmie from Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jimmie from Chicago

I play around with a medium BGE but not nearly as much as I want to. I love Texas style BBQ but after 3 years I still haven’t had the nerve to try a brisket. Looking for any tip or trick to improve my cooking.

Welcome from Maryland. You will have that brisket under your belt in no time. Here is a limk to a post that might help you in that regard. https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...brisket-method

Comment

honestly, as long as you can control your temperature, for a long period of time, don't be scared! 50/50 kosher salt and coarse pepper rub, cook to 195 internal.....of course study some of the info on this fantastic site and go for it!!!!

Comment

Welcome! There's plenty of info in the link Donw shared with you. My first piece of advice would be to just relax and give it a go - its really not hard. But the first command is that you need to have a reliable way to measure temperatures (meat and cooker).

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome From Northeast Illinois. My advice is just do it. Buy it,cook it, eat it and then do it all over. You will have good results and bad ones too. Don't sweat the little things. One piece of advice I would give you that I follow to a "T" is write it down keep A log. I can't always trust my memory because there might be brews involved. Have Fun Eat Well!!!

Comment

Fire that BGE up and do that brisket....now....immediately !!! Welcome from the great State of Texas to the Jimster .....

Comment

Well, you could ease into the brisket, by smoking a chuck roast for pulled beef. If nothing else, it'll help your confidence. It's easy and tastes good too!

Comment

Welcome from southeast Michigan from a fellow Egger!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                      Glad to have ya here, to learn along with me!!!

I'm bettin that first brisket is gonna be Killer!

Smoke em, if ya got em!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

I did my 1st one a few months ago ! So good I keep it simple, did a 5 lb

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg. Just try the brisket without having a bunch of company at the same time. That gives you a chance to experiment and less pressure on delivery time. Have fun with it.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I cook on a Large BGE, so if you want to do a brisket you will need to separate a whole packer into point and flat and cook them one at a time to cook on the medium or get just a flat. Get choice or prime and avoid select. As long as you use a heat defused and drip plan you should be fine. If you go with a flat you will probably be happier if you wrap when it hits the stall.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here