Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Ohio

Hey y'all, new member here. I just purchased a Vision Pro Series Kamado from HD with their Black Friday sale....

Everyone loves a good story so here's mine:

Couple months ago I decided that I wanted to get into BBQ / smoking because I love cooking and particularly love this cuisine. I tend to be impulsive (single, 29, disposable income) but decided I would wait to see if the itch faded by Black Friday. It didn't so I pulled the trigger on a Kamado mostly because I love Indian cooking and pizza, just seemed like a great fit.

So I make my order with HD, told its 3 week shipping because they have to freight it (200 lb grills eh?).... No problem, I can continue my wait. Well delivery date comes, I am refreshing my browser with the shipping tracking (who doesn't), but notice that the information isn't really changing; showing that the freight company had never received the grill. After some calling, turns out the damn thing was "lost." Vision had released the item to the freighter, where it went after that no one knows. I'm wagering my grill is in someone at the shipping companies back yard! No issue though, they refund me, I asked for an additional discount (15%) and they obliged. Now I just have to wait til early January!

All the more time to read and learn on these forums.

Outside of cooking activities, I play golf (5.6 index, trending up unfortunately), enjoy shooting sports (trap, skeet, sporting clays) and am a general workaholic (travel the world selling high fidelity energy simulation).

Thanks for reading, looking forward to being part of the community.

Travis

Well, you are going to read yerself into a BBQ frenzy. Maybe go out & git a Smokey Joe to whet yer appetite. Welcome aboard, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Greetings from Boston! Welcome to the Pit. There's lots of good info on here for you to digest until your cooker arrives. A bit of a pain for you but at least you saved 15%.

I wish I was a 5.6 index. Currently, I'm a 20.6 but trending down. Need to get the driver longer/more accurate (who doesn't though).

Enjoy your time here! You won't be disappointed once you get your cooker!

Jim

Comment

• panteracfh3
        panteracfh3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Can't argue with that price at all! You'll be able to cook lots of good stuff on the Kamado (assuming the don't "lose" it again).

My index is going down because I swallowed my pride and went 3-wood off the tee mostly. It only goes 230ish...but it's in play!

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        After years of playing out of the woods, I ditched all of my woods and now I just use irons. I have a driving iron I hit around 230, but I rarely use it. Slow and steady in the fairway is my motto. Makes the game a little less expensive.

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh yeah, TDuckro, welcome from TN

Welcome to The Pit from Madison, WI

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from a guy in Dallas who cooks on a Big Green Egg. My good friend cooks on a Visions.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Travis ...

Comment

Welcome to the pit!
            Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome aboard from Florida!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                    Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

• TDuckro
                      TDuckro commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Mr Bones... I'm in KC tomorrow on business, if I had to try one bbq joint what would you recommend?

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Here's where I have always enjoyed, for many years...

BB’s provides several safe options to get your fix of authentic Kansas City BBQ. The tradition of Bar-B-Q and blues in Kansas City had its start in the 1930’s when Count Basie, Joe Turner and Charlie Parker hung out at the Old Kentucky Bar-B-Q near 18th and Vine.

There are some others, especial newers I ain't tried yet, but I've never been disappointed at BB's, for 25+ years, running!

TDuckro

• TDuckro
                      TDuckro commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Done! Thats where I'll go!

Howdy from The Great State of Jefferson!

Comment

Welcome from southeast Michigan!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Travis.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here