Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

smoked/roasted chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smoked/roasted chicken

I am new to this forum but thought I would share this interesting photo. I put a double spit in front of my outdoor fireplace and roasted and smoked these birds. I used maple in the fire box and cooked for 1 1/2 hrs amazingly moist and flavorful Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0080.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	209.7 KB
ID:	599869
    Attached Files

"Killa" hope you had a crowd to enjoy them with there certainly is enough. Good job Sir.

Comment

• Reggie's Ribs
      Reggie's Ribs commented
      Editing a comment
      enough for 12 people with no scraps that's how we do things up north THUNDER BAY

Welcome from Colorado ... and that's a very clever rig.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Southern Illinois! Sweet set-up!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit and boy do I love your live fire rig ....

Comment

If that's how your chicken turns out, I can't wait to see your ribs! Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Greetings from Boston. That's a great setup man!

Comment

Great setup! Waiting for Ahumadora to chime in as this is right up his ally.

Comment

• Ahumadora
                Ahumadora commented
                Editing a comment
                2 Problems I detected straight away. 1./ No beer in the photo 2./ I wasn't invited... Ingenious set up!!! Maybe a drip pan underneath for future cooks.

You da man, tasty chicken,

Comment

Welcome to the PIT! Awesome ingenuity. I recently discovered the generic rotisseries on Amazon and practically can't sleep now, thinking about the possibilities.

Santa Maria cooks are above the fire. There's a specific name for vertical cooks next to the fire, isn't there PIT? ( Ahumadora ?)

I know I've seen this recently...

Comment

• Ahumadora
                  Ahumadora commented
                  Editing a comment
                  "Asado" The metal rack that you hang the ribs or lamb on is called the "El asador". Asado means bbq .. The surrounding fireplace or pit is called "fogon"

• JGo37
                  JGo37 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ahumadora I may be thinking of asador. I believe I saw legs of lamb hanging next to a fire, about a foot away. They had to be rotated manually. The narrative mentioning the asador sounds right. They were hanging vertically, not horizontally. 'Hanging' being the method.

I love the set up! That is some fine looking color on those yard birds! I may have to look into this spinner thing!

Comment

Fantastic! Where did you find the rotisserie motor?

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Minnesota. Nice set up and chickens.

Comment

I wonder if the wife would let me do this in the family room fireplace?

Comment

• Ahumadora
                        Ahumadora commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yep, Quite common in the middle of winter to have a small parrilla in front of the fire cooking the family dinner while heating the house.

Welcome to the pit!
                      Damn cool set-up..
                      Cheers from Norway

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here