Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new member.....Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new member.....Again!

Click image for larger version

Name:	70163425-A16C-449E-AB97-5887FB4B4105.jpeg
Views:	245
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	598645 Hi all. This is my is my 3rd time signing up to The Pit. I blame my indecision on being a Gemini. My parents fault, not mine. Thanks to an offer I could not refuse from Meathead I’m back. Anyway good to be back. So I wanted to post this pic of my 13 lb turkey. I smoked it on my WSM and used Meathead’s Ultimate Turkey recipe along with his gravy. Let me tell ya, IT WAS AWESOME! This pic was not intended to be posted since I was not yet a member...again. My wife took the pic just as I brought it in. Not exactly a fancy presentation. So joke away! I spatchcocked it and the leg quarter fell off as I removed from the smoker. I thought I would share.

Welcome back!

Comment

I’d eat that, again.

Comment

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        And again and again and again..... hahahahaha

Cool color, I love the way the WSM cooks a bird. On the detachment issue, I would have just said you were doing the wing shake for doneness and it was confirmed

Comment

• Willard
        Willard commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol! It was darker and more tender than I expected. The highest temp i reached was 308. Most of the cook was under 300. As soon as that bird hit 165 I took a look and was shocked. All’s well that ends well.

Welcome back from southeast Michigan! I'd eat that!

Comment

Welcome again.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit - again.

Comment

Welcome back to the Pit; third time's a charm!

Comment

Welcome back to the Pit! What wood did you use?

Comment

Welcome back! That's how most of my dinners look, I call that the natural look. You do too much staging and then dinner's cold.

Comment

• Willard
                  Willard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you. Well it was just my wife and I and her mother and brother. And they just wanted to eat. My wife took care of the fancy schmancy part.

Welcome back. Nice Turkey!

Comment

• Willard
                  Willard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks! The flavor and moisture was fantastic.

Welcome back! Great to have you.

Comment

Welcome back to the pit.
                  Cheers from Norway

Comment

• Willard
                    Willard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you! I want to visit Norway! I have a feeling it’s different than Florida. Awww...the seafood.

Welcome back. Glad you got locked in for 3 years. It really is a steal of a deal

Comment

• Willard
                    Willard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes. No doubt. Thank you!

Welcome back! I spatchcock turkeys, but not on Thanksgiving. On Thanksgiving my wife wants Norman Rockwell turkeys.

Comment

• Willard
                    Willard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah I may do Norman next year. Spatchcocked the last 2.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here