Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Missouri!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Missouri!

Hello everyone! I'm Adam from Missouri. Pleasure to be here!

Welcome Adam! Glad to have you here!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos!

Hope to hear & see more from you.

Comment

Welcome aboard Adam.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Hello Adam from missouri

Comment

Hi Adam , welcome to the Pit

Comment

Welcome Adam! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome! I've learned a lot on here and over at the Weber board, but this morning I learned by doing (and not doing it well). I'm attempting my first pork butt today and as I was putting the center section, of my WSM, over the fire base, I got the plastic part that plugs into the transmitter of my ET-732 caught between the sections. I wound up spilling some hot water on the coals and my foot. The coals weren't a loss, but I have a nice red spot on my foot. The piece on the probe melted and is unusable. Here are the things I learned today: Wear something other than tennis shoes while setting up the WSM; make sure your wires are out of the way; and stay humble. The humble part is part of today's lesson because last week I made some killer ribs. They were truly delicious. I posted them all over Facebook and Instagram and basked in the glow of all the compliments I received. I felt like a bbq rock star, up until around 0400 this morning. The butt is on the smoker and so far is doing well. I'll probably still post it on Facebook and Instagram, but I won't forget the lessons I learned today. Barbecue can be humbling. Stay humble.

Comment

That's a good lesson... Humble is one day at a time.

Comment

Hey there Adam

Comment

Welcome, Adam. Sorry for your mishap, but way to persevere. I hope your foot is ok.

DEW

Comment

Welcome Aboard Adam... yes humble is good. I have been humbled myself, a few times with this game.

Comment

Hi Adam, hot water on the foot is not good! Spilled a bunch of boiling water on the top of my foot one time when I was trying to drain some pasta. Lotsa colorful language, hoppin very quickly to the shower to dose in cold water, and a huge blister. Very wary dumping water thanks to that lesson. Welcome to the pit.

Comment

Thanks again everyone! The foot is fine, thankfully. The pb turned out really good, despite my mishap. I think my ribs were better though.

Comment

SMS did you wrap the butt? How did you prep it before the cook and what rub did you use? Temps cooked at? We'll get your butt in good shape for next time. lol

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here