Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi u all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi u all

I‘m Christoph from Switzerland, near Zurich. I have been cooking on my old rusty Offset Stick Burner since good 15 years. Started in a time where here nobody even knew what a Offset Smoker is on a German made one. At a time when on the 24.12 somebody was cooking late in the dark and producing smoke in his garden, poeple where bound to call the police more likely then anything else. My smoker had me and still has me on my feets ...getting the heat right. One thing is for sure, i keep on learning as my cooks are getting better and i am coming to a mild family and neighborhood fame. To learn is also one my main motivations to be here with you all on AmazingRibs, besides my general fascination with outdoor cooking.

Mr. Christoph, it is great to see some genuine cooking mastery of the age old art of BBQ'ing with wood. Everyone likes the ease of charcoal, gas and pellets but the true masters are using wood and having to watch the temps and coals all the time to manage a good long cook. To an old timer like me there is nothing better than the taste of natural wood caressing the outside of my meat making a super tasty bark and a beautiful pink smoke ring on the inside cover. I am curious, what types of woods do you have there in the mountains? What cuts of beef and pork do you have to source locally? What have your neighbors been asking for... sounds like you have a following like the Pied Piper. Would like to see some pictures of this cooker if you have one. Great to here this old tradition being carried out across the Pond.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland. We are glad that you are here.

Comment

Welcome from Jackson Hole Wyoming

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from southeast Michigan!

Comment

¡Wilkommen, Christoph!

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
              I'm lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois? Stick burners are wonderful!

Comment

Welcome to the pit! Great to have another European! Yep, stick burners rule :-)

Since you’re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, you can change it by simply visiting https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pi...il-request.php

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all paying USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Comment

Christoph, keep those feets a smokin! Welcome, have everybody eat good, fill the night air with bliss & have fun! 🕶

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Christoph.

Comment

Welcome, Christoph!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Christoph ...

Comment

Welcome aboard.
                            Many (most) here are amazing, not only their ability but willingness to share. I know that’s why I joined.

FWIW, the BEST "4th of July" party/celebration I’ve been to was in Zurich.
                            Complete with excellent BBQ.
                            Hosted by a Canadian. LOL True story.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! It is clear you are a BBQ pioneer in your country.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here