Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member from Southern California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member from Southern California

Just to introduce myself. Name is Tom and I live about 40 miles east of Los Angeles. Currently work for IBM as a server admin. Retired Marine MSgt, 28 1/2 years in. Love motorcycle touring and BBQ. Own 1 18" and 1 24" offset pit, 5 burner gas grill and my latest, a Pit Barrel Cooker (probably my favorite). I have visited this site for several years and finally got tired of seeing how many pages I had viewed each time I visited.

Welcome Tom! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Score another one for the page ticker!!

Welcome aboard Tom! Glad to have you and thank you for the support. You sound like a well-rounded griller/smoker with your collection of toys/tools.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos!

Hope to hear & see more from you.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from a former South Bay'er. The Club is just that much better than the main site. You'll be glad you joined.

Comment

Welcome to the pit Tom. I'm in Hermosa Beach. Have you checked out Bristol Farms for your meat supplies yet? They have real butchers on staff like the butcher shops had years ago. Their steaks are choice, prime and wagyu grades. They cut them to whatever thickness you request. I just starter shopping there recently and really like their old school butcher shop service.

Comment

• The Burn
            The Burn commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah yes, the Bristol Farms over on Rosecrans. Used to get stuff for Thanksgiving there, but I wasn't a griller/smoker in my South Bay days.

Welcome, that ticker does get annoying really fast. Less annoying I think and more guilty...

And Semper Fi!

Comment

Thank you for your service an welcome to The Pit. Even though I have not been military (hearing impaired) my grandfather and hero was. oorah,

Comment

WELCOME!

Comment

Hello everyone. I live in Houston, Texas, and recently discovered this great site. I have owned a Pitts and Spitts smoker ( recently has fallen apart, a bit disappointing) a vintage 42 inch BUILTIN grillewith sear zone, a black olive, embarrassed to say, but an academy bought offset smoker ( purchased one Sunday morning when the firebox door of my pits and Spitts feel off in my hand and luckily not on my foot) and I just began carrying Napolean grilles at my store, so I have their 825 pro model. Just ordered a karubeque smoker, and a fast eddy fec100 by cookshack based on reviews from this and other sites. I'm hoping to also order a jumbo enclosed ( man those things look so cool, and it's a smoker to boot) very soon. The problem I will have is explaining all the money I'm spending to the wife,lol. I'm hoping to expand my skills, and I can see from what I've read here, and recently read Myron mixons book, and Franklin bbq book, that I have much to learn. Can't wait for the new equipment to show up and get going.

Comment

Welcome Stephen! Multiple smokers coming in at the same time? You're gonna fit in here just fine.

Comment

Just realized I posted in someone else's thread and should hav started a new topic for mine, sorry about that

Comment

• Huskee
                      Huskee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Extra post count for you!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here