Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Real Brisket...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Real Brisket...

I had the pleasure of listening to Meathead at a conference over a year ago. I thought he was a genius. I instantly became a member and have been honing my skills on pork loins, steaks, etc. Even though a born and raised Texan, I hadn't been serious about grilling until now.

Just completed my first competition-level brisket (meaning I wanted it to be great, not just throwing some meat and heating it up until it's safe to eat). Using the methods on this site, I was able to turn a USDA Select packer into a genuine work of art (as you can tell I'm pretty happy about it).

Thanks, Meathead, for the website, for grill advice, for recipes, and for the best brisket I've ever smoked. It was a test run for a tailgate coming up and I'm going with confidence that I wouldn't have had until now. (And I promise to never use a Select cut again but even your recipe made it WAY better than it should've been.

Grill/Smoker: Weber 14401001 Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill, 22-Inch

I used Meatheads brisket recipie to get my feet wet cooking brisket, know what your saying. Glad you had success. Welcome to the pit!

Comment

That first one scared me too, but it came out great using what I learned here, Texas Juice for the Flat, and St Lou Maull's for the burnt ends. Weber 22.5 - Lucille. She's good at it now!

Glad you had a great cook! Glad it inspired you to share your joy... (now, stick to your word and stay away from Select!)

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Texas Juice!!! YES!!!!!

• JGo37
        JGo37 commented
        Editing a comment
        @klfowers the green bell pepper really came through - next time I'll cut that back a bit.

What a great story, and welcome to the pit!

Since you’re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, you can change it by simply visiting https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pi...il-request.php

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all paying USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Comment

Yep - ditto here. My first brisket turned out better than I thought likely - because of the info and helping hand of the folks here.
        2nd one in the fridge wet-aging for this weekend. Looking forward to hearing about the tailgate.

Comment

Great job and welcome from Maryland.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
            Glad to have ya here, Congrats on that brisket!

Good Luck on yer tailgate cook!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! We love to see pictures of your cooks!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit! Thank you for your support!

Comment

Welcome aboard! We love pics!

Comment

Yea welcome fellow Houstonian !!! Next time we love to see your cook in the form of pix. Glad to have you aboard.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit and congrats on a successful cook.

Comment

Great work! Welcome aboard and happy to see such a great post for your first. Next time though- pictures of that brisket!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here