Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from West Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from West Michigan

I have always been a huge fan of eating BBQ. I used to be an over-the-road truck driver and got to experience BBQ from all across the country. My favorite style is definitely Texas BBQ, Central Texas BBQ to be exact with brisket being my favorite meat.

Where I live, there are not many BBQ joints and the couple that are around are just not very good. So, when I was in Lowe's a couple of Saturdays ago and spotted a Masterbuilt electric smoker for half price, I decided that it was time to dive in and try to make some delicious BBQ for myself. I immediately found myself heading to Amazon and ordering a couple of books on the subject as well. The two books that I decided on were Meathead's book and Aaron Franklin's book. I obviously discovered this website from Meathead's book since it came with a 3-month trial subscription.

I signed up for the trial membership and made my first post Saturday night. I had bought 3 racks of spareribs on Saturday and really had no clue how to trim it up in STL ribs. I did some searching online and gave it a go. After I had them trimmed up, I posted a picture of what I had. I wanted some advice on how I did and if there was anything that I should have done differently. I ended up with quite a few responses and everyone in the community was so nice and friendly. Having such a positive experience with the other members on the website made me want to go ahead and purchase an annual subscription even though I still had 87 days left in my trial. So, that is what I did. I am now a full member of the website. I look forward to getting to know some of you and learning a ton about how to make great BBQ.

By the way, my ribs turned out absolutely amazing!

Congratulations and welcome to The Pit! Plenty of good folks on here with a TON of knowledge to help you through. Look forward to your future posts. My wife is from Michigan, Waterford to be exact.

Comment

Welcome! I'm a GVSU grad who grew up in Gladwin. You'll learn a lot here! Look forward to reading your posts...

Comment

Glad you have committed to the Pit! It is a great place to share what you have learned and to ask questions about what you don’t know.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Thanks for joining up!

When you have a second, give this thread a once over. There is some important information for you. This information will ensure you get the most out of your experience here in The Pit.

Also, it's very important that you:
            • Check your email, go to User settings then the account tab.You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. Please visit this link: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pi...il-request.php
            • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thank you for your support. We are excited to have you and we look forward to your contributions.

-Spinaker

Comment

Welcome from southeast Michigan!

Comment

Ok, now that we got yer money, we can really have fun wit ya. Hooh boy , are you in fer it. Some of my favorite sites & stompin are on the west side of the LP. 😎 Welcome again, nice trim job. Eat good & have fun! 🕶

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Greetings from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome. You have good taste in books! Pick up The Food Lab too!

Comment

• TechSmoker
                        TechSmoker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I will definitely check it out. Thanks for the recommendation.

Welcome to The Pit!

Comment

Congrats on a successful cook.

Comment

Welcome from central MI! Many years ago I remember camping at a campground in New Era. Happy to have you here and thank you for your support!

Comment

• FireMan
                            FireMan commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yeah, I used to do a lot of camping/fishing around Ludington 112 yrs ago. Also Petoskey/Traverse City area.

Welcome from a semi-resident of South Haven

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here