Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Indiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Indiana

Hi, my name is Brian, and I live in Fishers, IN, with my wife, Amanda and three kids. Two in middle school and one in college. I teach high school chemistry and physics. I've been attempting BBQ since 1996, when on the way to Florida, I stopped at a roadside mom and pop BBQ stand off I-65 in Alabama. I had never tasted anything like it. I checked out every book I could get on BBQ from the local library and read both of them. I spent a lot of years making mediocre BBQ, but my friends and family never complained.

I have been cooking on a cheap offset smoker for 20 years. It's walls are a bit thicker than ones you can buy today. I modified it with a plate to turn it into a reverse flow offset, and I've got the temps under control pretty well, but man, does that thing go through charcoal. Long story short I'll be upgrading soon to a competition backyard wood burner offset in the coming months.

This summer I began keeping a journal of my cooks and am pleased with the improvements. This site has been huge in helping me learn new techniques and improving old techniques. My friends and family thank you all for your good advice. I joined the web site because I believe it's one of the best online resources I've seen for BBQ enthusiasts.

Thank you for reading my introduction, and I look forward to learning from all of you!

Brian
    Last edited by mrteddyprincess; September 5, 2018, 07:37 PM.

Welcome from Fort Wayne!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Brian! Happy to have you here, thanks for your support. Most offsets will eat through charcoal. If you ever feel like venturing into burning all wood you may find it to be a little more economic.

Since you’re new here, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
      1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your username in the top-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us yourself since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor if you’re a paying member. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you, just click here to fill out an email change request.
      2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members. (Paid members get automatic monthly entry, whereas Free Trial members or general public must enter manually.) We’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, TX!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Brian ...

Comment

Welcome from Crown Point

Comment

You are welcome, glad to have personally helped you with your family’s delight in good cookin. You are welcome for me readin yer introduction. Now, welcome aboard, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome from Newburgh IN, keep it up. Everyone wins when everyone improves.

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you sir. I love your background and you and I, I hope, will be getting along just fine. After I recipe H+ interaction and Stoichometry.

Welcome sir.

Comment

Welcome from southeast Michigan! As a chemistry and physics guy you would enjoy reading Meathead’s book !

Comment

• mrteddyprincess
                        mrteddyprincess commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I know I would enjoy that. Meathead's science behind cooking is what is behind my recent improvements in my product. Salting first, then dry rubbing later without salt is pure genius. Thank you for the suggestion!

Welcome from Zionsville!

Comment

• mrteddyprincess
                        mrteddyprincess commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hey, Neighbor! Good to know you're out there. Let's not be strangers.

Welcome to The Pit Brian.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Nice to meet you
                          Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here