Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Seattle...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Seattle...

I like to make the most of our precious sunny months, so I grill a lot in the summer. I do some smoking as well (insert legal weed joke here). I go old-school with charcoal and a Weber, but a neighbor hosts a rib-off every year and I've done well but have yet to make the top, so I need to practice more, up my game, and maybe my gear, though my sense of pride prevents me from going electronic pellet feed. I prefer to make a day of it.

The maple glazed ribs from yesterday
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-09-02 16.59.41.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	560826
    Last edited by Green Caribou; September 3, 2018, 06:13 PM.

Welcome to The Pit! Happy to have you here. Those ribs look might y good to me, I'd be happy to be served them. I'm with you, my cookers being run by electronics isn't my cup of tea, I like to make it happen myself. There's no electric cords run to my smokers.

Since you’re new here, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
    1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your username in the top-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us yourself since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor if you’re a paying member. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you, just click here to fill out an email change request.
    2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members. (Paid members get automatic monthly entry, whereas Free Trial members or general public must enter manually.) We’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• Green Caribou
      Green Caribou commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I've been lurking for a while.

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome, beautiful area where your at

Comment

Keep the pics a comin! Good lookin cook! Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I was up you way late April.

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you and some of those ribs!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg. Some fine looking ribs, and pics on your first post. Well done.

Comment

Yeah man nice cook! Welcome!!

Comment

I’ll put your Weber kettle ribs against anyone’s !!! Nice work and welcome!!!!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome from southeast Michigan! What set the other ribs apart from yours? Those look great!

Comment

• Green Caribou
                            Green Caribou commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Probably texture. They probably needed more time, but they took longer than I thought, probably due to overcrowding. 4 racks in a Weber was challenging. I'd never tried that volume before.

• Keiferr
                            Keiferr commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Green Caribou, try wrapping them. Various ways and opinions. My best have been babybacks at 225 for 2 hours, wrapped with a little apple juice in the foil for an hour, then unwrapped and sauced for an hour. Experiment to see what you like best.

Welcome from NYC! Great to have you! Do you have a rib rack? I found that it helps greatly with the overcrowding.

Comment

• Green Caribou
                            Green Caribou commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I got the Weber one (based on the recommendations in the accesories section here). The racks are long enough they flopped onto each other, so I was concerned about air flow. Instead I used a hover grill (also for the first time) which worked OK, but made some things more difficult - like accessing the hinged part of the grill to add charcoal or put a water tray over them.

• Bumby
                            Bumby commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Got it. I love the Weber ones and started using two of them on the long racks so that they can't flop on each other.

• Green Caribou
                            Green Caribou commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Also, the racks wouldn't work so well with the Texas Crutch, which is an integral part of the Maple Glazed recipe.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here