Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from central Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from central Texas

Hello

It’s so good to be back. I was a member two years ago. In the process of retiring and deciding where we wanted to relocate to I didn’t log on to a computer for almost a year. We chose a place in central Texas that’s better than I could ever have dreamed we would find. I may have gone overboard on the trees, there are 17 big live oaks and 5 pecan trees in the yard. That’s a far cry from the treeless landscape of the top of the Texas panhandle where I’ve been for the last 40 years. The oil and gas business was good to me, but it was time to let the younger people run that show.

I love to cook. That and fishing are my 2 favorite pastimes. I learned so much from several of you that changed the way I do things and the results I achieve. I don’t think I ever posted anything, but couldn’t wait to check out the discussions going on. I owe so many of you a real "Thank You". I have a kamado smoker and a webber kettle. I gave my big stick burner to my brother in law before the move. That thing was built by some very good oil field welders. They thought of everything except what the finished product would weigh. It was a great cooker-bomb shelter. I wasn’t there when they delivered it, but had to hire a small crane to lift it out of the back yard and onto a trailer when I gave it away. I do plan to participate more now.

From the happiest Texan you know!

Oak Smoke

Well happy, happy, happy to you. Glad yer back on board, eat good & have fun.

Comment

Welcome back from southeast Michigan!

Comment

Cool! Welcome back!

Comment

Welcome back!

Comment

A year without a computer? Amazing! Welcome back!

Comment

Welcome back from a Houstonian. Fishing and bbq are right up my alley (although I'm a bay fisherman). Looking forward to seeing some of your handy work !!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome Back to Th Pit!
                  Congrats on yer retirement, an happy new home!
                  Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya, amigo!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Central Texas is a pretty large area, but if you are in Lockhart you are in BBQ heaven.

Comment

Welcome back!

Comment

Good to have you here - looking forward to hearing about your smokin’ adventures.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here