Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Mid GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Mid GA

Came to check this out. Heavy poster on Kamado Guru but that forum is going away so I need a new home.

I mainly cook on kamados but I also really like my Konro Yakitori Grill and my WFO. I cook on some type of grill 4 or 5 nights a week and am willing to cook anything in a kamado.

Hopefully I can learn a little something over here and get exposed to other types of grills although my wife would want to kill me if I bought another one anytime in the far future.

Charles

​​​​​​

Welcome to the pit! Glad to have another kamado user in here, when you have the time we'd love to see photos of your gear.

Since you’re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, you can change it by simply visiting https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pi...il-request.php

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all paying USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Comment

Charles, guaranteed that you will learn much here, and from the sounds of things, guaranteed that we will learn much from you. We would really like to see pics of your cookers esp. the yakitori. Welcome aboard, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit! It is great to have you!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from a BGE guy in Dallas!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Your wife has nothing to say about the near future? Sounds good!

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Charles ...

Comment

Welcome from NYC!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by EdF View Post
                      Your wife has nothing to say about the near future? Sounds good!

Welcome!
                      LOL - she has a lot to say about the near future. Don't want to repeat it I might get kicked out of here

This year I started off by buying the LG, Konro Yakatori Grill. Swore it was my last grill.

Then along came the WFO. "But honey it's an oven not a grill" swore it was my last big BBQ purchase

Then I got a decent bonus at work so I bought a Primo Oval Jr with GO cradle. No point in swearing it to be my last one she doesn't believe that anymore.

Anyway need to get a major house improvement finished and then we'll see after that.

Comment

• EdF
                        EdF commented
                        Editing a comment
                        LOL! I knew you were holding!

Thanks for the kind welcome everyone. Will get some pictures together and post them within the next few days.

Comment

ckreef -- CHARLES! Good to see you here. Hadn't heard about The Guru shutting down. That's sad for a lot of people. Guru's loss is the Pit's gain for sure!

Folks -- Charles is a fellow KK'er and Master Griller/Smoker/Cooker of nearly everything. He'll be a HUGE add here. Not that y'all are slouches...well most of ya anyway ...but you'll soon see that he is THE MAN.

Charles...good luck living up to that!

Comment

Originally posted by Pequod View Post
                          ckreef -- CHARLES! Good to see you here. Hadn't heard about The Guru shutting down. That's sad for a lot of people. Guru's loss is the Pit's gain for sure!

Folks -- Charles is a fellow KK'er and Master Griller/Smoker/Cooker of nearly everything. He'll be a HUGE add here. Not that y'all are slouches...well most of ya anyway ...but you'll soon see that he is THE MAN.

Charles...good luck living up to that!
                          Don't pump me up too much might not be able to fill them shoes - LOL - last time I talked to you I really thought I would never make it over here, but then the Guru issue came out.

I knew the end of Guru was coming eventually but then the announcement came a couple of days ago. It's going to stay running through the end of the year but I needed to find another high content forum where I can post cooks from all my grills. I had a post count just shy of 17,000 and now I really don't have the desire to participate knowing it would all be for nothing.

Comment

17,000 posts? Hoewie moewie! We’re going to have to double the size of our building. Yes Charles, we have a really big building that Meathead built in Chicago, and, and I paid for it, he said I did.

Comment

• EdF
                              EdF commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Nah, that's rigged!

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here