Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Indy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Indy

Hello everyone from Indianapolis, Indiana. I am 67 years old and retired. I went to cook school, in the U.S. Coast Guard in 1970, and got my first grill in 1980, and first smoker in 1985. I got a Big Green Egg in 2005. I collect cook books, mostly older ones. I have hundreds of them.

On another forum I saw a discussion about Aron Franklin's book and reading it got me all fired up to try some new things, and pumped up my enthusiasm which led me to the internet ,which led me to here. I bought Meathead's book which came with a free 90 day trial membership which got me into the forum. Two days of perusing the forum, and I decided I liked this place and sent in my membership money.

I have mostly done chicken and pork on the BGE, but tomorrow I'm doing my first Chuck Roast. I think I'm going to like it here. I confess up front I like beans in my chili, and I have two Instant Pots :-)
    Last edited by Dave in Indy; August 11, 2018, 09:18 AM.

Welcome to the Pit from Washington State! I'm glad you're here!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado!

Comment

Well Dave, money talks & pics speak a thousand words. When you do yer chuckie tomorrow ya better take some pics of the cook & cooker, section 8, par 4 of the rule book, or we might send yer money back. Welcome, eat good & have fun! 😎

Comment

• Dave in Indy
          Dave in Indy commented
          Editing a comment
          Will do. Doing it on a Large BGE.

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Cool!

Thank you for your service! Welcome to the Pit! We look forward to hearing from you!

When you have a second, give this thread a once over. There is some important information for you. This information will ensure you get the most out of your experience here in The Pit.

Also, it's very important that you:
        • Check your email, go to User settings then the account tab.You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. Please visit this link: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pi...il-request.php
        • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thank you for your support. We are excited to have you and we look forward to your contributions.

-Spinaker

Comment

Thank you for your service and welcome to the Pit from southeast Michigan!

Comment

Welcome from just down the road in HWY 67.

Comment

Thanks fer yer Service!
              Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
              I'm lookin forward to seein more from ya!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Dave.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland.

Comment

Thanks to all of you for the welcome .

Comment

Welcome! I'm in California now but grew up in Indiana. Lived in Indpls (NE side) 1988-96. Great to have you here.

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg. I think you did a bit of reading on here before writing that intro. Have fun.

Comment

Thank you for your service and welcome to the pit. Let us know how that chuckie goes.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here