Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings to all from new member barebear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings to all from new member barebear

This is the first group I've ever signed up with -- belong to no "social media", don't own a "smartphone", and never will.

I live in Calif. SF Bay Area, just got my first real rig to replace a 22" Weber, found this site by accident and am so glad I did!
    My new Traeger Silverton ( Traegers newest offering via Costco ) is wonderful --did SL ribs w/ MHGs rub recipe and Sweet Baby Ray sauce --awesome, best I ever made/had. It also does super chicken thighs and ribeye steak, as well as bell peppers, pineapple slices, and watermelon.

I'm thinking about trying a duckling, but after having one literally explode on the now gone Weber when I took the lid off am hoping to hear back from anyone w/ any sort of Traeger who has done a duckling.

Any Traeger owners who are members and live in SF Bay Area?

For anyone reading this who hasn't yet ordered MHGs book, do yourself a favor, support MHG, and by all means order the book --via the link suggested on the site, I got mine for 27.99 including tax and shipping.

Am planning to try smoking some skin-on salmon fillets --has anyone done this on any sort of Traeger successfully ? --please advise details if so.

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has done veggies on a Traeger--what/how/temp, etc.

Best to all, barebear

Welcome to the pit barebear! Glad to year you like the Traeger, it sure is a set-it-and-forget-it machine. The salmon cooks easily on a Traeger, just run it at the usual 225 deg F. As for smoke: don't know which pellets you have/use, but salmon is fatty, so it can take a lot of smoke. I usually add salt, a little pepper, then smoke. It turns out great every time. Take it off the grill when inner temp is 130-136 deg F (depending on personal preferences).

Since you’re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, you can change it by simply visiting https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pi...il-request.php

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all paying USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Comment

• barebear
      barebear commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you ! Will be doing homework as time permits --am fulltime caretaker for my wife and work 20 hrs a week too. Have been using the hickory pellets Traeger gave me and will be using their gourmet blend ( hickory, cherry, and apple ). Will be buying some other brand of alder from a local supply house --hear its great for everything.

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

• barebear
      barebear commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you !

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

• barebear
      barebear commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you !

Welcome from the land of William Wallace! Pull up a virtual chair, a real beer and enjoy!

Comment

• barebear
      barebear commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you !

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

• barebear
      barebear commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you !

Welcome from southeast Michigan!

Comment

• barebear
      barebear commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you !

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
    Glad to have ya here!

Comment

• barebear
      barebear commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you and congratulations !

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Many thanks, amigo!
      Lookin forward to hearin from ya!
      Hop on in, git involved...

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

• barebear
      barebear commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you !

Well where do I begin. Exploding duckling huh? You will be fine, we will prevent that from ever happening again, cuz of all the things I’ve heard on this site, that is not one of them. Have no fear also, it’s the only site I have anything to do with. I don’t know if that’s good or bad. But this is a very cool & helpful place to be. Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

• barebear
      barebear commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you ! -- see note to Ron B below

Welcome from Maryland. We do a lot of salmon on a pellet smoker. Just follow Henrik’s advice and you will do good.

Comment

• barebear
      barebear commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! Love the picture !

Welcome to the Pit! Meathead has great tips in his book and on the Amazingribs site for skin on Salmon.

Comment

• barebear
      barebear commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you ! Will be reading a lot......

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      barebear cool beans!
      Never be afraid to ask a question here, though! Ain't nobody gonna snarl or snap at ya, an I'm purty certain I done asked up all th stupid questions, afore ya got here!

Welcome to The Pit from Maryland!

Comment

• barebear
      barebear commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you !

Welcome to The Pit. Soooo - the only bare bear I know of is Fuzzy Wuzzy. Are you he, and are you trying to be incognito? Sorry if I am busting your cover...

I've never cooked a duck, but I am wondering if the skin filled up with steam or air and popped. If that was the case, just puncture the skin all over and that should alleviate the problem.

Comment

• barebear
      barebear commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you're spot on --there was this loud kapoof and I had instant disintegrated duck

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Aaah - I expected you to deny the fact.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      If it happened to me, reckon I'd present it as "Pulled Duck" LOL! barebear

Welcome from the Republic of Texas !! Congrats on your new Traeger !

Comment

• barebear
      barebear commented
      Editing a comment
      YAY FOR TEXAS ! Wish we had a bullion depository here.
      Per your handle, do you barbeque trout ?

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      I have smoked a number of species of fish, best way to cook it !!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here