Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from the North East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from the North East

Hi There! A few weeks ago I became a ‘Pellethead’, after some research I decided a Yoder YS640 with competition cart would work for me. I really like the idea of ‘Built in the USA’. So I headed out one morning from Houlton, Maine, to my closest dealer in New Hampshire, about a 5 ½ hour drive one way, and picked up my new smoker and 22 bags of Pitmaster Select ,Competition Grade, 100% pure smoke wood pellets.

I am new to pellet smoking, but not new to BBQ smoking. I started about 10+ years ago, first bought a medium Green Eggs, the salesman strongly recommend the large, but since I live by myself I decided to save a few dollars and get the medium; it didn’t take me very long as I started to share some BBQ with friends that I realized that I should have bought the large and I soon did, lesson learned!!

After awhile I decided to try something different and bought a Pitts & Spitts, ‘Ultimate Combo Smoker Pit’. Enjoyed that for awhile and decided I needed/wanted something bigger so I bought a Lang 250 gallon propane tank stick burner trailer. Most that I ever cooked on that was 35 racks of ribs for some of my Sporting Clays buddies.

I spend part of the winter in Florida, hate, hate, hate snow and cold weather!! Started going to the local BBQ competitions to learn more on Southern style BBQ; started hanging out with a competition team called "Junk Yard Dogs", good people, learned a lot from them!! Took a competition BBQ class from Dr. BBQ and learned more pearls of wisdom!!

I was at a BBQ competition in North Carolina and saw a team competing with 2 of the origin Kamado’s # 9s. I was very impressed with the mass of these smokers and the quantity of food they could hold and the virtual get to temp and forget for the next 20+ hours on a low and slow on one load of charcoal!! Had to have one!!! These are a beast, my #9 weighs about 850 pound. Love it and have used it for many years.

Last year thought that I needed a propane BBQ again, so I bought a Tec Infrared Grill. Again ‘Made in the USA’, had high hopes as this is not a cheap grill, but I am very disappointed with the workmanship and customer service.

This year I did lots of research before I shelled out for my Yoder, and I am very, very happy with it!!! So far I have smoked 6 chickens, 4 different batches of BB ribs, pack of 3 at a time, and 2 different pork chop smokes, 9 in a package; and I am happily impressed.

I have now spent hours reading the forums and learning from you all! I am really glad that I found this website, lots of great info!! Cheers!!!

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg. Sounds like you already have a bad case of MCS (more cooker syndrome) as most of us do.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! We look forward to
        you sharing your cooking experience.

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado!

Comment

Welcome from the Eastern Shore of Maryland. And welcome to the Yoder 640 satisfied owners universe.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit.

Comment

Welcome from the Lowcountry of South Carolina

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome from southeast Michigan!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                        Glad to have ya here, to learn along with me!

Comment

Welcome from Farmville, Va.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind welcome, I appreciate it!! Glad to be here! Always learning new stuff and I am really enjoying my Yoder pellet cooker!

Comment

All those cookers & all those cooks for a person that lives by hisself, whew! By the sounds of things, looks like a lot of valuable contributions will happen. Lookin forward to it. Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here