Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings Mexico & Valle de Bravo (a place near MX City)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings Mexico & Valle de Bravo (a place near MX City)

Hi All,

Greetings from Mexico City! I am an Ecuadorian/Brazilian living in MX City with passion for steak (cooked in open grills as most popular in South America). I recently purchased a WSM because I'm trying to master BBQ techniques.

Started this weekend with some Beef Ribs as posted below. Had some trouble getting to internal Temp - Reckon it has to do with the altitude (>6000 ft), so will have to adjust for temperature and cooking time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-07-23 at 10.11.33.jpeg
Views:	107
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	536732

This is my setup withouth the WSM, we also have an Alfa Pizza Wood Oven.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo5573443421113264041.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	536733

Glad to join the Pit!!

Welcome!

Comment

• danniiblack
      danniiblack commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Welcome from southeast Michigan!

Comment

• danniiblack
      danniiblack commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Welcome to the Pit! Nice looking patio area.

Comment

• danniiblack
      danniiblack commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks you!

Welcome to the Pit! Thanks for joining up! What a great cooking are you have there. Gorgeous in fact! I look forward to hearing from you regarding some of your outdoor cooks! I am headed down to Colombia and Ecuador in May of 2019. I can't wait to try some of the local fare.

When you have a second, give this thread a once over. There is some important information for you. This information will ensure you get the most out of your experience here in The Pit.

Also, it's very important that you:
    • To check your email, go to User settings then the account tab.You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) Huskee with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]
    • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thank you for your support. We are excited to have you and we look forward to your contributions.

-Spinaker

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

• danniiblack
        danniiblack commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, hello!

Welcome from Colorado! I doubt that altitude is your issue with the ribs. I'm above 6000 ft here (1920 M to be exact) and don't experience such problems. From your photo, those are some pretty hefty ribs and I wonder if they simply stalled.

Comment

• danniiblack
        danniiblack commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for your reply, so the cooking time and temperature you use is basically the same as recommended?

• MBMorgan
        MBMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        danniiblack - I cook to temperature and tenderness ... but never rely only on time. The collagen and connective tissue in every meat need to render properly, and because of variations in every meat, there is really no way to predict exactly how much time will be needed (only approximately),

Welcome to the Pit! I can’t help you with altitude. I grew up below sea level.

Comment

• danniiblack
        danniiblack commented
        Editing a comment
        Hehe thanks anyway!

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

• danniiblack
        danniiblack commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
      So glad to have ya here, to learn along with!

Comment

• danniiblack
        danniiblack commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you sir!

Welcome from Oregon. That's a nice setup, I especially like the pizza oven.

Comment

• danniiblack
        danniiblack commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!!

By the looks of your outdoor kitchen & the sound of your experience, we’re glad you joined also. Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

• danniiblack
        danniiblack commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you very much!

Great to have you here. Hope you will share some authentic recipes from your locale.

Comment

• danniiblack
        danniiblack commented
        Editing a comment
        Will do! Most of the recipes in Mexico will involve some spices though hehe

Welcome from Maryland. Beautiful patio and equipment you have there. Would love to see the results of your pizzas from that oven sometime.

Comment

• danniiblack
        danniiblack commented
        Editing a comment
        Will do!! Thanks.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here