Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member, long time BBQ-er!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member, long time BBQ-er!

I have been been barbecuing for years and years... Thought I knew what I was doing... Then, by accident, discovered Meathead's website.

Found out I WAS pretty much doing it right (Low and slow, humidity is good, rubs, subtle spices, check the temp, etc... Used the Weber charcoal smoker, the Weber electric barrel smoker, the Smokenator, ANOTHER electric smoker, etc)

BUT... The nuances had escaped me... The right tools, the right prep, the right smoker, AND using it RIGHT...

BUT, Meathead, and Meathead alone, and his vast network of co-BBQ Gurus, helped me "Up My Game" to the Pro-Level.

Now, I set my Slow-N-Sear in my Weber 26" kettle grill, set the Maverick in place, get the temp where I want it, and go do whatever I need to...

Behold, PERFECTLY smoked and cooked BBQ, whether a spatchcocked chicken, or baby back or St Louis or spareribs, or pulled pork shoulder, or the holy grail, Texas brisket, they have amazed my Wife and family to no end.

I have sent Dave at Slow-N-Sear a few photos of my successes, and hope to send more here-

Here is just one of the latest baby backs I made for my Wife and I a few weeks ago.

Gonna' do brisket for us and the kids (all grown adults now, but well-used to my cooking) this weekend, and will post pics.

I thank first of all Meathead, and then again all his contributors for this great website, and all the tips, insights, recipes, reviews, etc, etc, for making MY BBQ improve and grow!!!!!

Thank You all!

-Ray
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Raymon; July 16, 2018, 10:18 PM.

Welcome from Colorado! Lots of "long time" smokers around here who, as George Carlin once observed, after bending over to tie our shoes, look around to see if if there’s anything else we can do before going to the effort of straightening up again ... 😎 ...

Comment

Welcome to the pit! That path has been traveled by many of us, good to hear your story!

Since you’re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) ”Huskee” with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all paying USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
          Glad to have ya here, with us!

Comment

Welcome from SW Florida!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Welcome from southeast Michigan!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit for Maryland!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Ray.

Comment

Quite an intro. Sounds like you blew thru MCS, all the cookin, learnin and were accepting an academy award. Very, very cool. Welcome aboard, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Welcome from the Lowcountry of South Carolina

Comment

Welcome to fun int the Pit!

Comment

And a BIG welcome from Arizona to you Ray!
                            Glad to hear that you have Texas Style Brisket down.
                            That is what I LUV to smoke.
                            Salt, pepper, quality hardwood smoke, and let the flavor of the beef shine through!
                            -
                            Smoke On!
                            Last edited by BBQ_Bill; July 17, 2018, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit! It is great to have you here!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here