Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Southeast Louisiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Southeast Louisiana

Hello everyone, I just joined a few days ago and wanted to say hi. I started grilling a few years ago when I worked at a local sausage/hot dog restaurant in New Orleans and fell in love with cooking. I joined to get some tips and advice to up my grill game and I have to say everything I've read has been extremely helpful and the recipes are simple and delicious. I'm currently cooking on a Weber 22", but would love to get something a little bit bigger.

What parts? Driving down there in a couple weeks to Gueydan to visit family.

Welcome!!!!!

Comment

• iwright
      iwright commented
      Editing a comment
      Slidell, right on the Mississippi/Louisiana border.

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      iwright BIG deer country!

Welcome to The Pit. The 26" Weber is a little bigger. How many people do you want to cook for, and what do you want to cook - besides gator and crayfish?

Comment

• iwright
      iwright commented
      Editing a comment
      Whenever I grill, it's usually for anywhere between 5-15 people. I've started out fairly simple with chicken breast, brats, and shrimp (gotta love gulf seafood) but I'd love to cook some bigger meats like pork shoulder, ribs, and thicker steaks.

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      As jgreen mentioned below, a Slow N Sear would be great. You could easily get two fairly large butts on your kettle. or several chuck roasts. They cook about the same, and are very forgiving. A leave in thermometer would be a great help too.

Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome from Western Mass.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas by way of New Orleans!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome from southeast Michigan!

Comment

Welcome to the PIT. I got a Weber 22 delivered Tuesday, and put it to work the next day. It's not necessarily how big your grill is, but maybe more-so how many you have and what you use them for.

I setup my Weber's first cook using both charcoal baskets, shielded using cut drip pans, to low and slow the biggest pork rack I could fit. I found that I could have done this with just one charcoal basket. I had 2 grills going all day, by the way, cooking only for two. Well, setting aside stuff in the fridge for the next few days too.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Weber 2-zone.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	527611
                again, Welcome In!

Comment

• Mudkat
                  Mudkat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oooo you got the red head. Cool!

• JGo37
                  JGo37 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lucille!

Welcome from Winnipeg. I think my first add would be a SNS if you don’t already have you.

Comment

SNS 2.0 for sure!! Welcome to the Pit from over Htown way !!

Comment

Welcome from a little north in Eastern Kansas. What I love about this site is there is no "I LOVE my....insert name of your grill/smoker....and it is the best". You will get tons of help with your Weber just as I get with my Mak pellet grill. Enjoy. There is real grilling/smoking camaraderie.

Comment

Dude!! Welcome from Lake Charles

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                        Glad to have ya here, lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!
                        Yup, I'd go th 26" Weber, fer my next step up...SNS is always a great choice...
                        Purty hard to go wrong with a Vortex, as well, especial if ya like cookin off some yardbird...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here