Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member (Massachusetts)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member (Massachusetts)

Hi folks;

Just a quick intro, been living in Mass all my life but do travel quite a bit (in the IT biz for a company called Henry Schein Dental) on business, mostly Texas, North Carolina and Minnesota. Reason why I took the job was the travel to NC and TX so I can pig-out of BBQ while there. Unfortunately not many of what I would call superb BBQ joints in my neck of the woods (near Providence, RI) so it forced me to start cooking my own. Of course made the primary sin of purchasing a COS, but yet managed to eke out some fair decent ribs, butts, chicken and such, but have definitely decided its time for an upgrade thanks to the info on this site.

Did I mention that I'm also a huge NASCAR fan and usual catch both NH races as well as at least one other race a year. Planning on attending Darlington this year or perhaps get back to Charlotte for the October race. Usually cook on a ISD (improvised smoking device usually a 55 gal barrel that I acquire locally, build a fire below and hang the meat from the top, knock a few holes in the top for draft and hold it up on a few bricks) when I'm camping at the race, so I got to find something small that travels well. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Anyways, look forward to chatting or meeting some of you in the future!!! Here's to the greatest BBQ site on the net (I swear I've gained a few pounds just reading the recipes and some of the posts)

Hi Steve, welcome to the Pit. the Weber Jumbo Joe or The WSM 14" or 18" depending on your room are great travel companions.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here